DS's classmate in ICU with H1N1

Sounds like he may be near death, don’t know for sure but it must be serious if he’s in ICU. His name is Josh.

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death…AMEN!!

Kids get sick really fast, but can also recover really fast. He may be up and about in a couple days, so don’t lose hope. There’s a Chaplet of Divine Mercy coming for him and his family this afternoon.

Here in Mo, we have an entire school district shut down for a week because over 25% of the kids, teachers and other staff are sick. They’re planning to clean every inch of the place this week. They’re using their snow days, hoping there’s no need for them later this year because if there is they’ll have to use the spring break days to make them up. Our local Children’s Hospital had to set up triage tents in the parking lot to handle all the kids coming in sick. We have 2 big children’s hospitals in town (plus the Shriner’s hospital but they weren’t taking flu patients last I heard) and they’re both overloaded. The whole town is praying for all our sick kids, and for the ones not yet sick to stay that way.

Wow, sounds like your area has a mess on it’s hands!

Ds said “90%” of his school was out sick today. I think that sounds like kids exaggerating (I would think they’d close the school if it was that bad), but there must be a lot of kids out anyway. DD said one class in her school had about half the kids missing.

Scary stuff, especially when it hits our kids so hard. :frowning:

Praying for Josh’s speedy and full recovery.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Dear Lord, please heal Josh who is not presently doing so well. May he be strong and courageous and return to health. With you, he can do all things. Keep him centered on your love for him and abandoned to your merciful love with total confidence in you. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace.
THe Lord is with you. Blessed are thou among women,
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.