Dumb Question

Oh, great and wise Catholic Answers people, I beseech thee…

When does Lent begin this year?

I’m still trying to get the hang of the Catholic Year, and it’s not workin’ out so well laugh

Thanks, and have a fantastic day!

~Jess

Ash Wednesday is (Wednesday) March 1st.

hugs It’s not dumb. I always have to look it up :o

[quote=JessicaCeleste]I’m still trying to get the hang of the Catholic Year, and it’s not workin’ out so well laugh
[/quote]

Because we live by a solar calendar, but Easter is based on the solar calendar and the lunar calendar!

Thanks guys - I’ll figure it all out and get the hang of things eventually grins Besides, for at least the first year or so, I can use the excuse…“but I’m a convert” LoL

[quote=JessicaCeleste]Thanks guys - I’ll figure it all out and get the hang of things eventually grins Besides, for at least the first year or so, I can use the excuse…“but I’m a convert” LoL
[/quote]

I don’t think you’ll have to use that excuse, a lot of converts are more “with it” than cradle Catholics :wink: ! Our parish always has free calendars in the vestibule at the begining of the year. I always get one, it has feast days, holy days, just about any information a Catholic needs printed on it. Or get a pocket calendar from your local Catholic bookstore. I’ve also seen big Catholic wall calendars that are posters; the year is in a circular form - it takes a second to figure out how to read it, but they are really neat, and pretty, too.
Anyway, now I’m rambling…

I always have to look it up too. Because it is not the same every year. I always get my parish calendar so I know where to look. Glad I am not the only one…oh and BTW, I am a cradle Catholic…and yes many are very poorly catechised but at some point we all have to want to learn more.

I love to buy a Catholic Calender for that reason…the reminder fishies are useful, and there is a bunch of useful stuff to those who take their Faith seriously.

By going to Mass, you should get the hint now that we are in Sexagesima, and certainly our priests are sermonising on the need to make a fruitful Lenten period.

Never any dumb questions, but plenty of dumb answers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.