Dutch Official Calls ISIS "A Zionist Plot"

On Tuesday last week, Yasmina Haifi, an official at the National Coordinator for Security and Counterterrorism in the Netherlands, tweeted: "ISIS has nothing to do with Islam. It is a preconceived plan of Zionists who want to deliberately make Islam look bad.
gatestoneinstitute.org/4641/isis-zionist-plot

…Its not suprising to see how many people actually believe this nonsense because i see it all over the internet. Its ridiculous.

Antisemitism is, of course, commonplace in Europe. It was momentarily unfashionable after the Nazi period but has made a huge comeback in recent years.

I have no idea why people choose to believe in such stupid conspiracy theories. I mean, come on. Why on earth would Zionists create a group that is bent on their destruction?

Because they are bigots – in this case, anti-Jewish. So, everything is the fault of the Jews – including the persecution of the Jews.

When it comes to anti-Semitism, especially violence, it’s explained as:

1. Never happened.
  2. The Jews did it to themselves.
  3. They had it coming.

Sometimes all three (cf. Holocaust denial).

Hatred at this level, I think, completely short-circuits the logic centres of the brain. :whacky:

I used to be on a forum for believers in conspiracy theories. Everything was the fault of the Jews and the US. I think a lot of it is driven by irrational fears and paranoia. Some of them are indeed bigots, but many have mental health issues.

Not exactly a native Dutch name. It would be interesting to know more about this person, specifically, the extraction of her family and her own religion. That might explain where this nonsense is coming from.

It is interesting though, how the most extreme Salafist groups seem to avoid attacks on Israel.

Are you inferring this accusation makes some sense?

Discussed a couple of weeks ago in this thread: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=902910

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.