Dutch 'paedophile club' to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights

From the Irish Independent:

The Dutch paedophile society Vereniging MARTIJN is planning to appeal their case at the European Court of Human Rights after being banned by the Supreme Court of The Netherlands last April. The club’s lawyer has announced that the case will be put to the European judges no later than October this year.

Vereniging MARTIJN has been advocating legal and social acceptance of sexual relations between adults and children in the Netherlands since 1982, actively seeking a platform for their ideas through engaging the press and initiating political discourse on the topic.

Last April, the Supreme Court of The Netherlands ruled Vereniging MARTIJN 's existence a threat to public order. Emphasising that forbidding a club should only be considered under extreme circumstances under democratic law, the Supreme Court argued that an exception needed to be made in order to protect children.

“Although in general great caution must be taken when banning a society, the unusually serious actions of Vereniging MARTIJN, which are geared towards removing potential barriers for those seeking sexual relations with children, force the verdict that the organisation be forbidden and dismantled,” the judge ruled.

Gerard Spong, Vereniging MARTIJN ’s lawyer, has announced that the association will be taking their case to the European Court of Human Rights in the hope of getting this verdict overturned. His law firm believes that the ban impeaches on the freedom of speech of the society’s members.

On one hand, I’m surprised that an organization like Vereniging MARTIJN exists in the first place (Wikipedia entry). On the other hand, I’m relieved that the Dutch courts (after much battling) got it right. I would imagine that the ECHR would do the right thing as well (but one never can be too sure).

After the normalization on gay marriage will have been accomplished, the next step for perverts will be to legalize pedophilia, bestiality, etc. We’re in a never-ending downward spiral.

It is highly offensive and ignorant to put gay marriage in the same category as any of the latter things you said. The ultimate straw man argument. Gay marriage is between 2 CONSENTING ADULTS.

I don’t know what is more disgusting, that a filthy group of perverts like this actually exist, or that they actually managed to obtain a lawyer willing to argue their (pathetically absurd and offensive) case. But then again Lord Acton was probably right when he said:

“There is no error so monstrous that it fails to find defenders among the ablest men”.

It’s the logical and practical next step for the God-does-not-exist Elites who plan to slowly depopulate the planet from too many carbon burners. Research from the Journal of Sexual Archives has shown that kids can be taught to become homosexual via early sexual experience with a same sex partner, and, the Human Genome Project yielded no gene for sexuality, despite the non-reporting in the mainstream media. Getting people to abandon “traditional thinking” has been an uphill battle that is fadingg with time. Think differently. Open your mind to the possibilities. People voted for “radical change.” Welcome to the brave new world, where you are judged to be part of the problem, or part of the Solution.

So according to you, two consenting adults, of the same sex, getting married, are perverts?

Wow!

Just Wow!

Sarah x :slight_smile:

Pedophilia is now referred to as a “sexual orientation.”

As, an entry from WebMD: "Here are answers from sexologist Ray Blanchard, PhD, adjunct psychiatry professor at the University of Toronto.

What is a pedophile?

A pedophile is a person who has a sustained sexual orientation toward children, generally aged 13 or younger, Blanchard says.

Not all pedophiles are child molesters (or vice versa). ‘Child molesters are defined by their acts; pedophiles are defined by their desires,’ Blanchard says. ‘Some pedophiles refrain from sexually approaching any child for their entire lives.’ But it’s not clear how common that is."

Pedophilia is still considered a mental disorder, but of course homosexuality was considered a mental disorder by the American Psychiatric Association until 1973. In years past, homosexuality was in fact viewed as perverted, criminal activity.

Just as societal changes led to the acceptance of homosexuality, changes in attitudes toward sexuality, along with activism by pedophiles, are likely to lead to the acceptance of pedophilia in the next 30 to 40 years. As is currently the case with homosexuality, pedophilia will be viewed as a “natural” sexual orientation, the existence and practice of which should be accepted by all.

May I remind you that incest may also be between two consenting adults. You’re relativizing

Yes Sarah - you see, I’m Catholic

Oh please people :doh2: :ouch:

This has nothing to do with homosexuality. Not everything needs to be turned into a “let’s burn the witches!” rant against homosexuality.

This pedophile group involves a bunch of men who want to rape children legally. That is grotesque and horrible due to the pain they inflict on said children. This has nothing to do with loving, albeit sinful, acts performed between two consenting adults, and it is highly offensive that anyone would, in any way, correlate the two.

Excellent.

Perhaps you missed the bit in the Catechism (2358) where the Pope says:

They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided.

There is nothing in the Catholic faith that instructs Catholics to equate homosexuality with bestiality nor to call homosexual men and women perverts.

Perhaps, as a Catholic, you might that the advice of the Pope and in future deal with homosexual men and women and homosexual issues with ‘‘respect, compassion and sensitivity’’ avoiding all forms of ‘discrimination’’ against them???

Perversion means that one is slave to a disordered fetish (ie homosexuality). This doesn’t mean I’m direspecting them in any way - I’m just pointing out that active homosexuals are perverts (which is a fact) not that they’re evil.

It is absolutely disgusting that this organization even exists and so I applaud this decision by the Dutch government to ban them. I believe and hope that the European Convention on Human Rights will uphold the ban on them.

That said, I hope everyone is aware that a similar organization exists here in North America. It’s called the North American Man/Boy Love Association. Here’s the Wikipedia article on them:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAMBLA

I would love to see this disgusting and evil organization banned.

Your Catechism refers to homosexual **acts **as ‘‘intrinsically disordered.’’

It makes no comment on the persons performing these acts, other than to say the person must always be treated with respect, compassion, and sensitivity.

I think you would do well to follow your own catechism’s teaching and stop with the slurs and name calling.

You believe that calling people foul names is a characteristic of Catholicism?

You are right Sarah. Those who suffer from same sex attraction must be treated with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. They also must not be unjustly discriminated against. And yes, homosexual acts are gravely sinful.

Maybe they find their acts to be “kinky.” Open your mind: maybe they’re extremely Progressive in the sense that they see themselves as “saving” planet Earth from depletion of resources in a godless world by creating lifestyles that will eventually produce adults who adopt lifestyles that will produce less kids, while expanding their club. How can you force someone to not like to be kinky who thinks they’re saving the godless planet from overpopulation? You can’t.

If one commits a sin that stems from perversion, one is a pervert. If one commits a murder, one is a murderer, if one commits adultery, one is an adulterer.

That doesn’t mean I judge the state of their soul - i am only judging the act. Which is a perversion.

End of story.

Don’t be disingenuous. You know full well why you are using the term “pervert”.

I’ll leave it there.

Who’s judging intentions now?

Explanation is above - the sin cries out to heaven for vengeance… It is a grave perversion. I haven’t condemned perverts, just pointing out the sin.
A terrorist is a terrorist, a thief is a thief – no need to mince words when referring to sins that are just as grave as the latter just because the world says it’s “offensive”.

One who publicly sins against God is to be admonished and his sin is to be recognized for what it is. Obviously we must not judge them as persons for nobody knows their hearts except God.

I haven’t done anything wrong other than pointing out the sin of these people who are dragging the world into complete and utter moral degradation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.