"Duterte: I stopped being a Catholic after being molested." --from the President of the Philippines who has been causing much offense lately by his comments about God and Catholicism

If this is true, it explains the odd behavior of this man.

If this is true, another bit of bad press for the Catholic Church. It seems cear this man is suffering from some type of emotional pain.

I thought the molestation was already a known fact? Like for a long time?

:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2: For Duerte, for the ripple effects that his victimization has had on his country, and for all victims :cry:

It is not only the initial abuse, but if a victim tries to bring this crime to light, the church tries to retaliate against the victim and your life is never restored. I know a victim who is now 60 and what happened to him is utterly horrendous. Even parishioners and the whole diocese marked him as a pariah for speaking out and testifying. Poor soul.

If that is true, then I am so SO sorry for the man. The damage that abuse causes, especially abuse at the hande of a PRIEST, is horrendous. The men who are supposed to care for your soul are the ones destroying it… Just horrible

I had a former workmate…years ago now…had come from Chile…he told me he had a cousin who became a priest…his cousin told him he needed to become a priest as they had many privileges others did not have…power…good food…wine…even women…he told me he had never set foot in a Catholic church after his cousin told him that and had joined a Protestant church…the church has a lot to answer to for causing people to lose their faith…thankfully it is now doing that.

What horrors those poor little innocent ones had to endure at the hands of those monsters.

“The road to Hell is paved with the bones of priests and monks, and the skulls of bishops are the lamp posts that light the path.”
St. John Chrysostom

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.