DVD: "Facing Extinction: Assyrian Christians in Iraq"

Hello everybody. I don’t usually post messages in this subforum, but a few days ago I received in the mail a DVD called “Facing Extinction: Assyrian Christians in Iraq”. It is narrated by Jim Caviziel (sp?), who played the part of Jesus Christ in “The Passion of the Christ”. It runs about a half an hour, and also includes a director’s commentary track, as well as links to resources to help the Assyrians.

Please, please see this film if you can. Screen it in your churches, synagogues, mosques, civic centers, etc. It is so very important for us all to be aware of what is happening to this most ancient of Christian communities, who are the indigenous people of Iraq with a history stretching back thousands of years. They continue to be liquidated through mass murders by terrorists and forcibly exiled under the threats of kidnapping and other oppression. We must do all we can to help them. This film is an easily understandable and effective education on their situation in post-Saddam Iraq.

View the trailer on youtube here

Thank you.

Hey! Being an Assyrian Catholic myself, the post caught my eyes. But yes, I have family in Iraq right now, and how easy it is for me to take for granted the fact I can show up to Mass and not worry about the Church being blown up into pieces. Just like 2000 years ago, Christians are still dying, some things never change.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.