DVD: Star of Bethlehem

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone else has seen or heard about the Word of Promise Audio Bible Series, that Jim Caviezel, Raymond Arroyo, and several other popular persons are involved in. My question is not really about the Audio Bible Series which is offered and excerpts have been on Immaculate Hear Radio in the morning, but more so for another DVD that is offered on this website: Star of Bethleham. I was wondering if anyone else knows about this DVD and can give me some insight about the truth of it? I would tend to assume, that since it is offered on the Word of Promise website, which the 2 above metioned persons seem to be involved with, then is okay for Catholics to watch. But I want to make sure that there is nothing in this DVD that is against the doctrine of the Catholic Faith.
Thanks in adavance!

We watched the DVD Star of Bethlehem on Christmas Day, it is a well researched presentation. None of the family members watching it found any of the information to be against Catholic faith. Several of the members are very well educated in our faith. It is very facinating and has good biblical references from the Old and New Testaments.

My nieces have seen the presentation in real life, in College Station, TX where the researcher lives. One niece enjoyed it and learned alot, the other did not care for it or the speaker’s approach to the presentation. I think the DVD is the way to go on this, although, I also think there is a lot that does not get presented on the DVD and it is a bit too “Hollywood” and jumps around alot.

One side note, after we watched the DVD, I watched a presentation on the History Channel on the history of the discovery of the earth revolving around the sun. The facts that are presented on the DVD and on the History Channel were the same. So I took more comfort on the research done for the DVD.

Hello, and thank you for replying.
Yes, my husband and I watched it last night and found it to be a very profound presentation, and information that I had never heard before mentioned. And if it is all true, which it seemed to be with all the research this gentleman had done on this subject, then I was wondering what the Catholic Church would have to say about it.
Thanks again for your comments and have a great weekend!

We liked the dvd a great deal, as well. I have cautiously recommended it to friends and family. If anyone knows any info that might cast doubt on this video’s conclusions, I’d really like to hear from you.

My wife and I viewed the Star of Bethlehem DVD last night. We found it extremely informative and saw nothing that contradicts the Catholic faith. It certainly provides evidence of the celestial world and it’s proclamation of Christ’s coming and crucification.

If you do get the DVD please check out the special menu selection on the Ram.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.