Dying Girl Granted Wish to See 'Up'

Dying Girl Granted Wish to See ‘Up’

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (June 19) – Colby Curtin got her final wish.

The 10-year-old girl desperately wanted to see the new Disney-Pixar movie, “Up.” But the cancer-stricken girl was too sick to go to a theater.
Thanks to a family friend who got in touch with the movie studio Pixar, an employee of the Emeryville-based company arrived at Colby’s home with a DVD copy of the movie, The Orange County Register reported Friday. The girl died later that night.

gnn.com/article/cancer-stricken-girl-granted-wish-to-see/534830

How sad…

Yes. But the movie isn’t a kid’s movie. It includes the immoral act of killing a human being to save an animal. I don’t think kids should be exposed to that, since their young minds are most vulnerable.

Never saw the movie. I usually pass animated films.

:rolleyes: Did you see the movie?

They were trying to save the bird because the guy just wanted it as a trophy piece. They were not trying to kill the guy. The guy was trying to kill them because they wanted to return the mother bird to her babies. He ended up falling from the blimp.

The story was actually much bigger than that and it was a very sweet movie about an elderly widow and a fatherless young boy.

I usually only go to them for the sake of my daughter, but this time I was pleasantly surprised.

There are so many topics that made it not just a kids’ movie.

Unfullfilled dreams, dreams deferred because of real life and responsbilities
the pain of infertility
death of a spouse, and having to go on living alone

But enough cute parts that kids like it too, My 10 year old loved the bird and the absurdity of a house lifted up by balloons.

Eternal Rest grant unto her, O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon her.
May her soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed,
through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.