Dying mother-Please pray

Please pray for my mother. She is in her final stages of cancer and will die soon. She has been a faithful Catholic her whole life but now appears terrified to pass on. I do not know if it is her illness (she has been more and more confused) but she is so frightened that it's heartbreaking. She's been visited by several priest friends who have tried to reassure her. She receives the Eucharist frequently, family members pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet at her bedside, read scripture...none of it appears to comfort her. Please pray, dear friends, that she will find some peace and will surrender to God's will. Thank you and God Bless.

Sending prayer for your dear Mother, for you and for all of your family.

Prayers, my dear :-/ I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for you. Prayers for a peaceful passing for your mother.

I will pray for her peace of mind. Does she have any religious music that will give her spirit some ease? Is she in pain? Is there anything she feels she has left undone, that someone else could help her with? God bless your whole family through this time...

:grouphug:

How very sad for you to see your Mom in such distress. Please know that I am adding her to my prayers and also you and the family.

Please know that I am praying for you and your dear mother at this very difficult time.

Is she in hospice care? If not, you may want to speak with someone from a hospice (Catholic, if possible) who may be able to help.

God bless you.

Having been through this very recently, I know what you are going through. Please do not despair that her faith is shaken, or that she is frightened of death. Our family member was afraid and agitated in the last week or so of her life, and I read that this is a normal part of the dying process. When she was near the end, she became quite serene, and as far as deaths go, it was a beautiful one.

Please know I am praying for you and your mother. God bless you.

Praying for your mom…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.