Dying Priest

In another thread I asked you all to pray for Father Philip, one of my University chaplains who has terminal cancer. Thank you everyone who has prayed so far but I need to ask for more prayers.

Earlier today Philip’s family where called in and he is expected to leave us very soon, probably tonight. Please pray for him that he makes a peaceful and painless end after such a terrible and painful year.

Thank you.

Lord have mercy on Father Philip. Let him pass over to you without pain. Give him these last few moments with his family, let him be aware that they are there and take comfort from them.

Lord welcome him into your kingdom.

Amen

I will join you in prayer.

Joining in prayer for Father Phillip.

Dear St. Joseph, model of a happy death, please be with Fr. Philip in his last hours on earth. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for Father Philip now and at the hour of his death. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace;
blessed art thou amoungst women,
and blessed is the fruit of they womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God.
Pray for us, sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Praying for Father Philip:signofcross:

Jesus we ask you to be present with Fr Philip,helping him through his last hours. Please give him peace and ease of pain as he waits with his family for You to take him home.
Please comfort and bless his family,
and all those whom he has cared for in Your name.

I will pray for him, his family and his former parishioners during Mass

:gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.