E-harmony Rejects

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here ever got rejected from e-harmony. After filling out thousands of questions they told me I was incompatible with all the millions of people in their database! My sister filled on out and got accepted------:shrug:

That has got to be terribly frustrating. From what I have read, their rejection letter is a boiler plate that they send to everyone they reject, giving no clue as to what went wrong.

A blog named eHarmony Blog, but which is unaffiliated with eHarmony, has done some research to offer some insight in the rejections:

Reason #1. You said you are separated or married on page 1. 30% of eHarmony rejects fall into this category, according to a May 2007 article in the Washington Post.

Reason #2. You said you are below 20 on page 1. 27% percent fall into this category.

Reason #3. You said you were married more than twice on page 1.1

Reason #4. Your answers don’t tally, i.e., (a) you clicked randomly or (b) for example, you put “1″ under Aloof on page 1, but checked “Outgoing” on page 6. 9% of rejects fall into this category.

Reason #5. You scored low on the following traits — eHarmony calls them dimensions:

* Self-Concept (how you perceive yourself)
* Emotional Status (feeling happy, fulfilled and hopeful)
* Character (honesty and trustworthiness)
* Obstreperousness (the black hole dimension)
* Character (honesty and trustworthiness)2
* Emotion Management: Anger (expressing negative emotions constructively)
* Conflict Resolution (resolving issues).
* Family Background (happy childhood and supportiveness of your parents)

pinoy.ca/eharmony/104

Wow, that’s gotta suck! Don’t lose heart though. I’m sure there’s someone out there for you. They just don’t happen to be on eHarmony!

I had filled out all of the million questions too and it said that there were no matches for me. I had always assumed it was because I had put it a top priority to date someone of the same faith. Then again, after reading the info that Dale_M supplied us with, I would say that there was a fair chance that I put answers that might have seemed contradictory to each other. I guess that’s what happens when you are shy but daring, spiritual yet sensual, etc.

That’s okay, because I ended up trying Catholic Match and met a guy who seems to appreciate how, hmmmmm, well balanced I am. It’s been over a year now, and I think I have met my match. Can’t imagine that I would have done better with e-harmony. I guess it is just not cut out to handle those of us who don’t fit into their various cookie cutters.

I was rejected and I figured it meant I was some weird personality type, but now that I see this, it's probably 'cause I'm only 18. Why doesn't it tell you before you start that you should be over 20? :confused:

My widowed SIL was rejected because she was 63… told her it was an “incorrect” age…:shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.