E Kubena

Question? Why does the Catholic Church appease the Muslims?
In the Cathechism they do not reject it as the heretical false
religeon that it is? Why does it not address the issue of the
Muslims attacking the piligrims as well as the Church of the
Nativity in what is now Bethlehem, Palestine?

Catechism of the Catholic Church Part one, section two, chapter 3, article 9 paragraph 3:
841 The Church’s relationship with the Muslims. “The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day.”

And…

843 The Catholic Church recognizes in other religions that search, among shadows and images, for the God who is unknown yet near since he gives life and breath and all things and wants all men to be saved. Thus, the Church considers all goodness and truth found in these religions as “a preparation for the Gospel and given by him who enlightens all men that they may at length have life.”

So the Church looks to the things we have in common with Islam, aswel as other faiths.

On another note, there are numerous Christian minorities in Muslim countries. Given the massive over reaction to a quote read by the pope do you really think it would be safe for those people if the Church started picking apart every flaw within Islam?

The Ven Anne Catherine Emmerich said 'if there would be left after persecution only one Catholic from the many, that one person left would be the Catholic Church".
What do they call “the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day.”?
You say that there are Christian minorities in muslim countries,
that would be endangered if we might not appease, note that the trend is for Countries, i.e. England, France, and Germany to now become more and more Muslim until the Christians are the true minority. This is the trend in all countries, With this attitude why not just relent to those who say what does it matter? The religeons are essentially the same anyway. This is the danger in not standing for our beleifs, in being pacifists.

Do you come from England? If so what part? Muslims are not ‘‘taking over’’ thats paranoia since 9-11-seriously the number of Muslims in England is low but often exaggerated. I did not at any point say I was a pacifist, nor did I say that all religions are the same. I disagree with Islam on a number of points. However I recognise Muslims as also searching for the truth and I realise that all religions do hold some truth.

The Muslims call God ‘‘Allah’’ as do Arabic speaking Jews and Christians.

So, with your condemnation of pacifism and desire for everyone to stand up for their beliefs, what are you suggesting? Holy War?

E Kubena, you are actually mistaking what the Church teaches if you think it teaches that the whole of Islam is fine–or any other non-Catholic belief system. The Church doesn’t teach that. It teaches that there are elements of truth in all religions. Why? Because the truth is universal and can be discovered by anyone who acknowledges the natural law God put into all human hearts. St. Paul talks about this in Romans 1:19-20a “For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world his invisible nature, namely, his eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse…”

Everyone who will be saved will be saved through the redemption Christ brought about through his death on the cross. No one will be saved apart from Christ. That does not mean, however that they must have knowledge of Christ if they cannot have heard of him, or due to invinsible ignorance and other conditions laid out by the Church.

As to Muslims taking over due to population growth in Europe, that is the fault of Europeans being foolish enough to decimate their own populations and then allowing Muslims to move in and take their place. That was a result of them abandoning their Catholic/Christian faith in favor of the lies of modernism in its many guises.

Never said that the Church teaches that the whole of Islam is fine. I said that the Church (as an institution that strives for peace) seeks common ground with other faiths. Common ground doesn’t necessarily mean equality.

EDIT- sorry Della misread your post, thought you were talking to me-by the way, how do I delete my posts?

I don’t want to wander off topic too far, but you might want to review birht rates and abortion rates by race in England. While they are numerically much smaller than the Church of England, or the Catholic Church, or secular English, they are reproducing at an astoundingly higher % of live births than our “cousins” on the Island. Don’t stick your head in the sand too far…

since I don’t agree with you that the Church appeases Muslims, please state your evidence.

Further, if you actually listen to what the Vatican says - meaning you have to keep track of it all, not just that which catches your attention - you would know that the Vatican does address violence by Muslims, as well as violence by any other group.

Race does not indicate religion. And actually with the massive influx of Polish immigrants to the UK I believe the Catholic Church is going to become the dominant religion once again.

You are right, it doesn’t indicate religion in that not all Pakistanis or North Africa/Middle East immigrants are Mulim, but I’d be willing to bet my next paycheck the very large majority of them are…

True enough, but as I said earlier, Catholicism is back on the rise due to immigration. Islam may well be increasing, but it will be a very long time before England is the new home of the Caliphate.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.