Early Church Fathers

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some of the Early Church Fathers Works? I would like to read some of their stuff and be rather familier with it. You know, sometimes you hear people apeal to “The Catholic Church was nothing like the early Chruch” or “We (whatever protestant church it is) is just like the early church” and I would like to be able to say “on contrare my freind if you read some of St. Ingatious Antioch” and plus I don’t want to be one of those people who say,“well the early Church was just like us” like I acctually know what they said and where like.
I am at lamar so I can get an interlybrary loan so if ya’ll could get me some of the basic info. I could through that (yes It’s cheap but, I am in college right now and can’t afford to print or buy them).
Thanks and God bless.

[quote=Montie Claunch]I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some of the Early Church Fathers Works? I would like to read some of their stuff and be rather familier with it. You know, sometimes you hear people apeal to “The Catholic Church was nothing like the early Chruch” or “We (whatever protestant church it is) is just like the early church” and I would like to be able to say “on contrare my freind if you read some of St. Ingatious Antioch” and plus I don’t want to be one of those people who say,“well the early Church was just like us” like I acctually know what they said and where like.
I am at lamar so I can get an interlybrary loan so if ya’ll could get me some of the basic info. I could through that (yes It’s cheap but, I am in college right now and can’t afford to print or buy them).
Thanks and God bless.
[/quote]

You can read them at

newadvent.org/fathers/

You can buy them at amazon.com.

Early Church Fathers is the one that I use.

You can download them and many other great works here…

ccel.org/

Harmony Media puts out a cd with the early church fathers on it and the cd has a pretty powerful search function.

If you have not read any early Church fathers at all, you might want to begin by reading Four Witnesses by Rod Bennet as an introduction to four very early church fathers, and use that as a springboard to begin your study.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.