Early Church Fathers

After the Blessed Virgin Mary’s Assumption did the early Church fathers pray to her for intercession? If they did, could you give me some examples of who they were? Thank you.

Here is a popular Catholic Apologetics page that lists some references:
scripturecatholic.com/blessed_virgin_mary.html#tradition-IV

Here’s an early prayer from about A.D. 305 to Mary by Methodius in his Oration on Simeon and Anna:XIV. Hail to thee for ever, thou virgin mother of God, our unceasing joy, for unto thee do I again return. Thou art the beginning of our feast; thou art its middle and end; the pearl of great price that belongest unto the kingdom; the fat of every victim, the living altar of the bread of life. Hail, thou treasure of the love of God. Hail, thou fount of the Son’s love for man. Hail, thou overshadowing mount of the Holy Ghost. Thou gleamedst, sweet gift-bestowing mother, of the light of the sun; thou gleamedst with the insupportable fires of a most fervent charity, bringing forth in the end that which was conceived of thee before the beginning, making manifest the mystery hidden and unspeakable, the invisible Son of the Father–the Prince of Peace, who in a marvellous manner showed Himself as less than all littleness. Wherefore, we pray thee, the most excellent among women, who boastest in the confidence of thy maternal honours, that thou wouldest unceasingly keep us in remembrance. O holy mother of God, remember us, I say, who make our boast in thee, and who in hymns august celebrate the memory, which will ever live, and never fade away.

The following is a link to some good examples of Church Fathers teaching the intercession of Mary. St. Cyril of Alexandria has a famous sermon in this regard. St. Ephrem has the title of Marian Doctor and has many writings on the subject. There are many more as you will see.

Fathers of the Church and Mary as Mediatrix

Hope this helps.

Thanks to all who answered my question. Your help is greatly appreciated. :

:blessyou:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.