Early church mormons?

Found these quotes on the LDS website, any help on the context of these quotes (sources in LDS website linked)

https://www.fairmormon.org/answers/Question:_Why_do_Latter-day_Saints_not_pray_directly_to_Jesus_Christ%3F#cite_note-7

“only God the Father is worthy of receiving prayer and adoration; not even the Son, though we pray in the name of Christ.”
“the Father alone is ho theos; the Son is simply theos…. Prayer can be offered only to the Father; prayer directed to the Son is not prayer in the fullest meaning of the word."
-origen

“In prayer one should not put the Father in the place of the Son, nor put the Son in the place of the Father; when standing at the altar one should always address the prayer to God the Father.”[
Council of Hippo

Some of Origen’s ideas were condemned as heretical, and he was never canonized.

In undergraduate school, one of my history professors, a Catholic, referred to “Saint Origen”. I wanted to stand up and say “not Saint Origen, he is not canonized, he is just plain old Origen”. I held my tongue.

I am absolutely not asserting that Origen did not save his soul, just to get that out of the way.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.