Early Vocation to Traditional Religious Life

J.M.J.
Hi everyone,
As a young man, I feel strongly called to a vocation to religious life. I have yet to discern a specific Order, but wanted to see what is available and be led by Our Lord from there.

I am looking for a traditional order- exclusively the Traditional Latin Mass- which has kept their traditional Rule / Constitutions, as well as the traditional habit. I am looking for one which would accept young men straight from high school- ideally age 17 or 18.

Could anyone who knows of any such Orders / monasteries, etc. please list them?

Specifically:

1) Is there any such traditional group of Franciscans?

2) Does anyone know if the Transalpine Redemptorists accept young men at around 17 or 18, provided they have a high school diploma, and of course are mature enough?

Praised be Jesus and Mary.

[quote="FilsdelaBVM, post:1, topic:265367"]
J.M.J.
I am looking for a traditional order- exclusively the Traditional Latin Mass- which has kept their traditional Rule / Constitutions, as well as the traditional habit. I am looking for one which would accept young men straight from high school- ideally age 17 or 18.

[/quote]

That's wonderful :). Yes, I know the Benedictines of Clear Creek Abbey celebrate the EF, as do the Carmelite Monks of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Wyoming.

Specifically:

One. The Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate use the EF on occasion, but it's not part of their charism. So their Superior could decide to switch them to the Ordinary Form if it were to interfere with their mission to preach to and help the poor.

2) Does anyone know if the Transalpine Redemptorists accept young men at around 17 or 18, provided they have a high school diploma, and of course are mature enough?

Praised be Jesus and Mary.

I don't know. Though this is something you'd have to ask their Vocation's Director about, it's entirely possible. Some monasteries (rarely) consider men in their early teens if the monastery thinks they have a vocation. Likewise, some monasteries, such as the Carthusians, won't even talk to you about a vocation until you're in your twenties.

[/quote]

Traditional, traditional, traditional. You keep saying that, but I worry that perhaps you haven't completely discerned the finer points of both the Second Vatican Council, as well as the Ordinary Form of the mass. I myself at one point had a hard time with this (the perceived loss of reverence being hardest for me), but it is through knowledge that we can attain understanding. :thumbsup:
Perhaps asking someone to properly explain the zeitgeist in the Church could be helpful?

Specifically:

[/quote]

No, as that would be completely out of character for them. From my understanding, they seek to follow, not question. You will recall that the Extraordinary Form is just that, extra-ordinary. So while they might celebrate it, it is certainly more meet for them to use the Ordinary Form.

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.