Earthquakes in san diego

read about recent easter earthquakes at sandiego.com

Eh, its only a 5.5. Certainly it will grab one's attention, but Californians are used to that.

We have been just talking about that in this thread…
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=6506944#post6506944

May the Lord bless you and draw you closer to Him in these end times…

[quote="Hiskid1973, post:3, topic:194147"]
We have been just talking about that in this thread...

[/quote]

Well... erm... the topic of your thread is "The End Times." I'm not sure that this quake has anything to do with that.

[quote="Dale_M, post:4, topic:194147"]
Well... erm... the topic of your thread is "The End Times." I'm not sure that this quake has anything to do with that.

[/quote]

We'll quakes in various places are part of the end times scenario..

Exactly!

(Matthew 24:7 RSV) For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places:
(Matthew 24:8 RSV) all this is but the beginning of the birth-pangs.

When have there not been quakes in various places?

[quote="EmperorNapoleon, post:7, topic:194147"]
When have there not been quakes in various places?

[/quote]

There were always quakes...It just one of the things that will be on the increase before Christ returns...increase in floods ,famine,earthquakes in various places( really bad ones during the tribulation period) pestilence ect...Just things mentioned in the scriptures....

I thought something was wrong, When the quake hit I was driving and all of a sudden my vision wavered and I got a little bit dizzy. When I got home I noticed my ceiling fan was wobbling and I was ????? I live in AZ the earth is not suppose to move here! I am just thankful that it wasn't any worse than it was!

There are literally millions of earthquakes every year earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqarchives/year/eqstats.php ; including an average of 17 per year of the size of the Haitian and Chilean big ones. There is nothing biblical going on.

Seriously? A 5.5 only merits an “eh” from you!?!?!

Certainly it will grab one’s attention,

Certainly.

but Californians are used to that.

I don’t think any Californian (except you, if indeed you were/are a Californian) will ever “get used” to an earthquake that size. Especially since it could mean bigger things to come…soon! (or not).

I lived in LA at the time of the Northridge quake, and even the aftershocks that were in the 4-5 range were never just “eh”. I mean, it’s not like wet-your-pants, but all the while you are thinking “I hope this doesn’t get any bigger” and “I hope this doorway is a good one!”

Yes, I used to live in San Francisco and Los Angeles and still have relatives in the LA region. They weren’t too concerned about this last one, but context counts for a lot. Following a big earthquake like Northridge, I think everyone in southern California was/would be on edge.

Yep, and if you count back the past 12 months, the world has had 17 earthquakes rated 7.0 or higher.

We felt this in Phoenix, I was on the potty, not fun.....

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.