Earthy Memories in Heavens

Will humans retain their earthy memories (bad & good) in Heavens?

If not, then the benefit of those years we spent on earth as a “training” to differentiate between good and bad are useless.

If yes, then we will keep remembering each others mistakes and keep pointing them from time to time.

I’m trying to understand **(Isaiah 65:17):
**“For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.”

Our memories are part of our mind, and our mind is “us.”

So yes, we will preserve our memories.

Why would people in Life Everlasting bug each other with the failings of their human life? That would be somewhat like adult friends bugging each other about their sixth-grade conflicts. Such would make no sense whatsoever!

ICXC NIKA.

In heaven, all souls will be reconciled to God and each other.
There is no envy, no lust, no hatred in heaven.
Heaven is the eternal bliss of profound peace.
All “bad” memories and their origins will have been forgiven…and released from our minds.
God bless you.

No imperfections can enter Heaven, so any bad memories will be banished by God’s love forever, just as light banishes darkness.

Every act of love we make on earth, however, will endure forever, according to the expression of St. Paul. This theme is very common in the Revelations of St. Gertrude, which have been approved by numerous theologians.

Jesus said to Sr. Benigna Consolata: “In a second one can have a thought of love that will last for all eternity.” How beautiful is that!

You might have a point there…

:amen:

:heaven:

Good question and good answers. I have often wondered this myself.

I think that perhaps we retain our earthly memories but they, as part of us, are perfected before or when we enter heaven. So I will know not only my memories but everything about those memories (their causes and effects, etc.) which are not privy to me now. So I’m not going to be beating myself up over some incident that happened in my childhood because I will know exactly why it happened and what happened because of it and whether I took that experience I have remembered and used it for the glory of God.

Our memories, which now are pretty much stuck in “me” mode will be understood in “divine” mode.

I’m sure I haven’t explained myself well at all. :o

Are “bad” memories sins that require forgiveness? :confused:

I think you did quite well, in fact, Chica.

ICXC NIKA

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.