East Syriac and West Syriac Holy Week Songs?

The hymn “Sogdinan La’Slibo” is sung by the Syriac Orthodox and the hymn “Sogadin 'En Mar” is sung by Syro Malabar Catholics. Does anyone know if these songs are the same or have similarities? They are both sung during Holy Week and special events. I know in the Syro Malabar Church a cloth is removed from the statue of the resurrected Christ and we all kneel while reciting “Sogadin 'En Mar” three times. And I know in the Syriac Orthodox Church “Sogdinan La’ Slibo” is recited three times on Good Friday.

Heres the links to the songs -

Sogdinan La’Slibo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRhb56R_4aE

Lyrics

“Sogdinan La’Slibo
D’be Ho Furqono L’Nafshothan
O’Ham Gayoso Omrinan
Mishiho Ethdachrayn Mo Dothe At”

“Sogdinan La’Slibo
O’Ham Gayoso Omrinan

“Sogdinan La’Slibo
O’Ham Gayoso Omrinan

**Sogadin 'En Mar (Hymn at 29:32) **
youtube.com/watch?v=-9CnWvGNbAU

Lyrics

"Sogadin En Mar
La’ La’ housa
Vala’ Shousa
Ra’pu Lakha

“Sogadin En Mar
La’ La’ housa
Vala’ Shousa
Ra’pu Lakha”

“Sogadin En Mar
La’ La’ housa
Vala’ Shousa
Ra’pu Lakha”

In the Syro-Malankara Church, the “Sogdinan La’Slibo” is chanted throughout the veneration of the Holy Cross on Good Friday - this might be more than three times, until the entire congregation venerates:

Part 1: youtu.be/29yYC3CAI6g
Part 2: youtu.be/eS_ph7a9Xuo
Part 3: youtu.be/rFCTv5tyDS0

Ah I see, from doing a little deciphering it seems that “Sogdinan La’Slibo” means “We Bow Before The Cross” and “Sogadin 'En Mar” means “We Bow Before You Oh Lord”. So the songs are very similar in lyrics.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.