Easter Sunday Second Reading

I am just currious which of the two options for Today’s Second Reading was read at your parish This Morning. We heard The Reading from The First Letter of ST Paul to the Corrithians. However Later today I watched A mass on Tv and they read A reading from the Letter of St Paul to the Collossians.I know both a permitted.

We did The First Letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians.

We had the reading from the Letter to the Colossians.

The Lectionary gives both as options…
Corinthians option #1
Colossians option #2

Pax Christi! He is risen!

Actually, Colossians is option #1. I remember because I was the lector and our priest told me before Mass, the first one. No, wait, the second. No, the first one.

Anyway, I read from Colossians.

Over the years I’ve been blessed to proclaim at many Easter Masses. It’s been about 50-50. Once I was told to read either one, it didn’t matter.

God bless.

Pax Christi! He is risen!

Actually, Collosians is option #1. I remember because I was the lector and our priest told me before Mass, the first one. No, wait, the second. No, the first one.

Anyway, I read from Collosians.

Over the years I’ve been blessed to proclaim at many Easter Masses. It’s been about 50-50. Once I was told to read either one, it didn’t matter.

God bless.

I read 1 Corinthians because it is the more traditional epistle for Easter Sunday (take a look at the readings for the EF). Also, the part about “Our Paschal Lamb, Christ, has been sacrificed” fits in perfectly with the Gospel acclamation and several of the other Propers.

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.