Easterns concelebrating Latin Mass

Can anyone identify the Eastern members of the procession? Someone else had identified one of them as HH Patriarch Gregorios III (?), which I assume is the one in the embroidered mitre?

benedictxvi.tv/video/2010/736…a-mass-all.wmv

Blessings

Did you forget the link? :confused:

That link doesn’t seem to work. :confused:

Does not work for me either.

Try this one:

benedictxvi.tv/site/2010/04/18/malta-4-mass-in-la-valletta/

Blessings

Thanks but I don’t have the patience (not to mention the disk space) to download a 791mb file (for the compressed version!) just to identify one person. I’ll take the hearsay that HB Gregory III was there at face value. :cool:

The video is in streaming mode, so you are not actually going to be using up any space on your computer; and it is highly compressed, so you don’t have to wait for the whole thing to download before it starts playing. It only took about 15 seconds for it to start playing for me (and I don’t even have a dual core computer!).

[quote=]just to identify one person. I’ll take the hearsay that HB Gregory III was there at face value. :cool:
[/quote]

Oh. No, not just one person. There are 4 or 5 of them.:blush:

Blessings

I tried it again and same thing: no anything, streaming or otherwise. Maybe it’s a conflict with the stupid windows media player. If you find it on youtube let me know. That will work.

Did you press the red “compressed” link?

Yeah … all it does is start to download and save. Maybe it’s the browser: I use firefox.

I managed to get screen caps of some of the men in question, the one is not a great picture, and there is one more who has yet to show his face to the camera, but these should give a start to those who can identify faces

The priest behind the Patriarch is Archimandrite Mtanios Haddad, the Melkite priest in Rome - youtube.com/watch?v=3Dpn-LJWkNI

I think the bishop is the Patriarchal vicar Bishop Joseph Absi, although not quite sure.

One of them was Papas George Mifsud of the Greek Catholic Church in Malta. A highly intelligent and a nice person. You can see a photo of him in this link:

timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20120401/easter-2012/-An-explosion-of-joy-.413705

For those interested, this is the Church’s website:

greekcatholicmalta.com/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.