Easy Lessons?

:confused: What are the three branches of the Catholic church and where are they found? I understand the hierarchy and confused that with being the branches. I am a RCIA student and my children are taking CCD classes. We are facing a quizz and I can not find the explanation in my readings.

I don’t know if this is what you mean, but the Catholic Church includes the Church Militant (the Church on earth, still fighting evil and trying to do good), the Church Suffering (the souls in purgatory) and the Church Triumphant (those in heaven).

Latin, Orthodox, Byzantine.

Randy,

Are those called “Branches” also??

We have so many “threes” and it’s difficult to keep them straight. I suspect you are a little more correct in your reply than our other correct to perhaps a lesser degree replies about militant, suffering, triumphant.

The Universal Church consists of the following:

The Church Militant
The Church Suffering
The Church Triumphant

If you go with the Anglican anwser you’re likely to be confusing Anglican Catholic for Catholic. That is not orthodox Catholic teaching. So the question is in light of the answer, lol, what would the question be?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.