Easy One: Please help me remember this prayer

When we were growing up, we used to say a prayer before meals and now I can’t remember how it goes. I searched online and I can’t find it anywhere. I know someone out there will know it right away. It goes something like:

“…all that thou givest today, all that thou takest away, all that thoust have me be, my God I offer thee.”

have you tried feeding it in for a general online search?

Don’t know the words myself but others may. Good luck

I found this version in this article.

Carol Hill, said in a tribute to her mother, “Mom would make sure we said our ‘morning offering,’ which was a morning prayer that we recited as we were running out the door to go to school. The words came right back to me: ‘Oh my God I offer thee every thought, word and act of today. Please bless me, my God, and make me good today.’”

Nope, that’s not it, but thanks!

I asked my older siblings - they remember it and still say it, too! Here it is:

My God I offer Thee
All that Thou appointed me;
All that the day may bring
Of joy and suffering;
All that Thou givest today
All that Thou takest away;
All that Thou wouldst have will be,
My God I offer Thee.

We used to add it to our prayer before meal in the morning.

I don’t know where it is from since I’ve never seen it anywhere in any lists of traditional Catholic prayers, and I’ve never heard anyone else pray it. So I’m asking my sibs if they know where it is from.

I’d still be interested to know if anyone else is familiar with it.

Wonderful prayer! :byzsoc:

Made a mistake, its:

…all Thou wouldst have ME be…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.