Ecc.?

I was just wondering, I was taking a look at ecclesiasties and the author seemed, how to put it, out of it. Some of the statements the “Teacher” made were strange. Who was the teacher and what are we supposed to make of his teachings?

[quote=Montie Claunch]I was just wondering, I was taking a look at ecclesiasties and the author seemed, how to put it, out of it. Some of the statements the “Teacher” made were strange. Who was the teacher and what are we supposed to make of his teachings?
[/quote]

The book of Ecclisastes is totally different from anything else in the Bible. It is basically a person starting out with the idea that there is no God and then working forward until at the end they arrive at the conclusion that they were wrong and there is. It has been said that if you ever want to know where not to go on your spiritual journey, read Ecclisiastes. It’s been called “a big collection of the wrong places to be.” So if you see something odd in there, don’t take it the wrong way. It’s just a person sortof… coming up with ideas as they go along and trying to reason things out.

The book of Ecclesiastes is traditionally ascribed to wise King Solomon.

Here is a helpful overview of the Book of Ecclesiastes from Catholic Answers:
Ecclesiastes
catholic.com/thisrock/1995/9504otg.asp

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.