Echaristic prayer equivalent

I was wondering if the Extraordinary Form of the Mass has an equivalent form of the Ecce Agnus Dei…and the response Domine, non sum dignus…that we find in the Ordinary Form of the Mass?

If not in a responsal form what would the priestly prayer equivalent be?

Maybe I am confused, although I believe the Tridentine Mass is the true “ordinary form” I have come to accept that most on the forum call it the Extraordinary Form. Which brings my confustion as to your using latin when referring to the Ordinary Form.

At any rate,

The Tridentine Mass (Extraordinary Form), has the priest turn and face the people saying “Ecce Agnus Dei, ecce qui tollit peccáta mundi.”

Then the the servers respond 3 times : “Dómine, [strike breast] non sum dignus, ut intres sub tectum meum: sed tantum dic verbo, et sanábitur ánima mea.”

A bell is rung a single time each time they say the above.

The Novus Ordo (Ordinary Form) Has in English

Priest: “This is the Lamb of God Who takes away the sins of the world. Happy are those who are called to his supper.”

People: “Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, But only say the word And I shall be healed.”

and in Latin

Priest: “Ecce Agnus Dei,ecce qui tollit peccata mundi.
Beati qui ad cenam Agni vocati sunt.”

People: “Domine, non sum dignus, ut intres sub tectum meum,
sed tantum dic verbo,et sanabitur anima mea.”

So there is a slight difference in what the priest says between the two forms with the addition of “Happy are those who are called to his supper” in the Ordinary Form, the response given by the servers/people in the 2 forms is identical in Latin, but mis-translated in english in the Ordinary Form. The true translation is:

“Lord, I am not worthy that Thou should enter under my roof; but only say the word, and my soul shall be healed.”

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Firstly, thanks for the reply that is exactly what I am looking for!

Secondly, I think that as traditional Catholics we must follow the Holy Fathers lead here in what we are to call the two forms of the same mass (paraphrase from Summorum Pontificum).

Thirdly, If you read the V. II documents it is clear that the Latin language is to be preserved in the Ordinary Form of the Mass. I have been to many of such masses where the mass was nearly all in Latin. And, anyone who has watched a mass on EWTN would hear this part of the Eucharistic prayer said in Latin. Because this aspect has by-in-large been tossed out the window does not negate the reality of what is true, ie that Latin should still be prominent in the OF.

Let us pray for the Holy Father as he leads the Church back into Liturgical Orthodoxy!

And, anyone who has watched a mass on EWTN would hear this part of the Eucharistic prayer said in Latin.

Ecce Agnus Dei and its response are NOT part of the Eucharistic Prayer.

You know what I was saying, please don’t be petty.

I will try to be more accurate in the future my deepest apologies!

Actually, it is the Priest, not the servers, who says the “Domine, non sum dignus…” 3x

God Bless

Yup, you are right. Thanks

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.