Ecuador admits that it limited Julian Assange's web access

Ecuador admits that it limited Julian Assange’s web access. Find out more - reut.rs/2do2ac8

and John Kerry says he had nothing to do with it! :rolleyes:

Amazing, Clinton can not lift a finger to help her best friend in the whole wide world, Ambassador Chris Stevens or the CIA station, but can get the Ecuadorians to shut down Assange internet access because of e-mails being made public. Imagine what she will be able to do once she has the power.

What does Kerry have to do with this?

If Romney were president, you know you wouldn’t have blamed whoever was the SOS

Assange is an awful person, in my view. But when this nation’s own premier law enforcement agency refuses to investigate criminal activity, one should not be surprised that some of the truth leaks out through weird sources.

One is almost beginning to be reminded of how the only source of real news in the Soviet Union was secret and illegal publication.

When the FBI, the DOJ, and the IRS become the handmaidens of corrupt politicians, one really needs to realize the country is in trouble and that this election might make the trouble irreversible.

Guess he isn’t as secure in his little slice of the world as he thought he was.

It gets cut off now? Something smells. Hillary’s scared. She can’t have this out there. But did they really think there’s not a backup?

I am sure he put in a call to Ecuador asking that something be done - even though he denies it.

I rather liked what Rubio had to say about WikiLeaks today:

“As our intelligence agencies have said, these leaks are an effort by a foreign government to interfere with our electoral process, and I will not indulge it,” Rubio said. “Further, I want to warn my fellow Republicans who may want to capitalize politically on these leaks: Today it is the Democrats. Tomorrow it could be us.”

Assange is disgusting, the emails he’s leaked (if accurate) are disgusting, and I’d rather wash my hands of the whole thing.

How big of a crimp will this put into Julian Assange’s direction of WikiLeaks? I am thinking that alternative sources of internet service will be made available to him e.g. someone setting up a WiFi signal which only he can access.

**U.S. Urged Ecuador to Act Against WikiLeaks Leader Assange
Quiet pressure from the U.S. government played a role in Ecuador’s decision to block WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange from using the internet at Ecuador’s London embassy, U.S. officials told NBC News.

“It was a bit of an eviction notice,” said a senior intelligence official.

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-urged-ecuador-act-against-assange-n669271

Never had a doubt!

Republicans and Democarats seem to be closing ranks in a cover yourself approach, rather than working to reform behaiviors so that they have less to fear from muckraking journalism. From the article
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-urged-ecuador-act-against-assange-n669271
(my bolding):

Quiet pressure from the U.S. government played a role in Ecuador’s decision to block WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange from using the internet at Ecuador’s London embassy, U.S. officials told NBC News.

The U.S. moves come as bipartisan concern is growing about the alleged Russian interference amid a daily release of Podesta emails.

Marco Rubio, who is running to retain his Florida Senate seat after losing the Republican presidential primary to Donald Trump, urged members of his party not to seek to capitalize on emails stolen by Russian spies.

“As our intelligence agencies have said, these leaks are an effort by a foreign government to interfere with our electoral process, and I will not indulge it,”** Rubio told ABC News. “Further, I want to warn my fellow Republicans who may want to capitalize politically on these leaks: Today it is the Democrats. Tomorrow it could be us.”

does Rubio have something to hide or the other republicans?
these wikileaks have been a blessing to reveal the shenanigans of the democrat party.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. I pray we haven’t already reached the point of no return.

I agree, we need more muckraking journalism in the U.S.
It’s getting pretty bad, when we have to count on a foreign country letting us know what is going on at home. Where’s the free press, giving us the information that we need to make informed decisions?

I don’t know what foreign country is behind Wikileaks. Hopefully, enough information is being released an investigation might be warranted. obviously, there has been
a lot of behind the scenes manipulating and deception going on. I think many expected some of this, but maybe not to this extent.

Of course there is a backup but will Julian sell out at a price? I hope not. And yes HRC is horrified to think that Trump will delay the handover. Someone is going to get dirty waiting and it won’t be Trump.,

People deserve to know the truth. Julian Assange is just providing it to us. It is sad that we have to rely on others hacking people in-order for us to get the truth.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: excellent posts by beautiful and kat07! thank you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.