Edith Stein: Accept nothing as the truth if it lacks love

Does anyone know if this is an actual quote from St. Teresa Benedicta (Edith Stein), and if so, where it was originally written or said?

Do not accept anything as the truth if it lacks love. And do not accept anything as love which lacks truth! One without the other becomes a destructive lie

Akzeptiert nichts als Wahrheit, was ohne Liebe ist. Aber akzeptiert auch nichts als Liebe, was ohne Wahrheit ist! Eines ohne das andere wird zur Lüge, die zerstört.

The only source I’ve found so far is John Paul II’s homily:

Suor Teresa Benedetta della Croce dice a noi tutti: Non accettate nulla come verità che sia privo di amore. E non accettate nulla come amore che sia privo di verità! L’uno senza l’altra diventa una menzogna distruttiva.

There are no quotation marks (at least in the Insegnamenti di Giovanni Paolo II or in the online text), so it’s not even clear it’s meant to be a word for word quote. But many people cite this now as Edith Stein’s words, and I even put it in my collection of inspirational texts. But for the sake of accuracy (and I actually need this information also for an academic work), I want to verify the source. So does anyone know where it comes from?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.