EF Collect for the pope?

At the oratory that I attend the priest always says at least two collects. The first being the proper, and the second being for the pope.

When Francis was elected holy cards (or rather slips of paper) were handed out with the text of the collect on them. I’ve lost mine and can’t find the text anywhere in my hand missal or online.

Does anyone know the text of this collect?

Collect in Commemoration of the Reigning Pope according to the 1962 Missal of Pope Saint John XXIII.

"O God, the Shepherd and Ruler of all the faithful, graciously look upon Thy servant N. (Francis), whom Thou hast been pleased to appoint pastor over Thy Church: grant, we beseech thee, that by both Word and example he may edify those over whom he is set, and together with the flock committed to his care, may attain to eternal life. Through our Lord Jesus Christ your Son, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, One God, World without end. Amen.

Source: Angelus Press Missal

I found it.

Just wanted to point out that in the Latin, Deus, omnium fidelium pastor et rector, famulum tuum N. (Franciscum), quem pastorem ecclesiae… the famulum (servant) has a more distinctive quality about it, linked with the Deity, as opposed to servum, which is more commonly used “servant.” Beautiful prayer.

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.