Effects of anti-Catholic stuff

Right now, I had to vote for “other,” since it’s starting to tick me off, the picking at us while we’re mourning the Holy Father.

0 Likes

[quote=JKirkLVNV]Right now, I had to vote for “other,” since it’s starting to tick me off, the picking at us while we’re mourning the Holy Father.
[/quote]

Me too!:mad: They come in like vultureshttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/BANGHEAD2.JPG

0 Likes

One of the reasons I chose to join the Lords Church was it’s longevity. Another was the preist scandal. I figure if Satan is launching such a attack at the church; it must be for a reason!!!:smiley: Because it is One; Holy; Apostolic; Caltholic Church!

0 Likes

[quote=st_felicity]At first it made me wonder and then I’d research the issue and find all the errors in the claim and that is how it boosts my faith–there always is an answer! Now I’m beginning to look at the antiCatholic rhetoric with a mix of frustration (lots of people won’t bother checking the facts as I did and that is discouraging) and pity–the answers are all there and really not hard if one is not too proud to accept correction from the Church–it is too bad people waste so much time floundering in error.
[/quote]

Hi,

What about accepting correction from Scripture? I hope your not to proud to do that.

In His Service,
Fredrock

0 Likes

[quote=fredrock]Hi,

What about accepting correction from Scripture? I hope your not to proud to do that.

In His Service,
Fredrock
[/quote]

She will be glad to from someone who has the Authority to do sohttp://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons1/bah.gifSomeone who was appointed by Christ,which scripture verifies.Scripture taken in context not out of contexthttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/AN878.gif:nope: The word that became flesh AKA Jesus gave the orders His Church obeys,you wouldn’t have the Bible were it not for the Catholic Church.

0 Likes

Hi,

The Scriptures are the authority. Just read them.

In His Service,
Fredrock

0 Likes

[quote=fredrock]Hi,

In His Service,
Fredrock
[/quote]

Guess what I read scriptures.Jesus gave Authority to His Church,Scripture holds authority but in order to understand them and not let your own folly get in the way you listen to whom Jesus chose.You need to take your own advice and read themhttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/AN878.gif

0 Likes

you wouldn’t have the Bible were it not for the Catholic Church.

Hi,

I agree with you here 100%. It is Romanism that is the problem for those who love the Gospel.

In His Service,
Fredrock

0 Likes

[quote=Lisa4Catholics]Guess what I read scriptures.Jesus gave Authority to His Church,Scripture holds authority but in order to understand them and not let your own folly get in the way you listen to whom Jesus chose.You need to take your own advice and read them

Hi,
Now that you have read them, all you have to do is to submit to their authority.

In His Service,
Fredrock
[/quote]

0 Likes

[quote=fredrock][/font]
[/quote]

Jesus told us to submit to authorityhttp://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage15/13.gif

0 Likes

0 Likes

[quote=fredrock]Hi,

In His Service,
Fredrock
[/quote]

Do you have an example where authentic Catholic teaching contradicts Scripture and therefore needs correcting? Please tell me…:ehh:

BTW—it’s “too” not “to”…and no, I am not too proud for correction…I am a convert who was corrected to the True Church mainly through actually reading Scripture.

0 Likes

It was all becasue of that anti-Catholic stuff that I found Catholic Answers, which then only confirmed what always believed; nothing that the Catholic Church does or teaches goes against the Bible.

0 Likes

0 Likes

[quote=fredrock]Hi,

In His Service,
Fredrock
[/quote]

This very statement is the whole error of sola scriptura!
Justify this for me ferdrock…If you and all your fellow Protestants are so intensely following the Bible in all you believe and practice, then why is there no Holy Spirit inspired consensus of belief and practice among you? You can preach to us til your head falls off and all we hear is one more set of confused ** opinions of men** about what the Bible supposedly says. You can’t even get it together on eternal security, baptism, contraception, abortion, the death penalty, gay marriages, or even feeding the hungry and helping the poor.

Don’t tell us we’re wrong and offer us some cock and bull concepts that says you know all there is about salvation and Christianity just because you read the Bible and say you believe it. That’s just ludicrous to Catholics.

0 Likes

The “effects of anti-Catholic stuff” has taken the thread off topic. Please bring it back around.

0 Likes

Just a reminder of the original question:

[quote=abcdefg]What’s the effect of anti-Catholicism on you?

I think those anti-Catholicism stuffs only boost my faith
[/quote]

0 Likes

I am able to pray for the persecuters.But,right now with the death of the Holy Father,the treatment of Terri Schiavo:nope: It is harder to take,as well as remain charitable.:crying:

0 Likes

Isn’t it great to be part of this persecuted pilgrim Church on earth, we must be doing something right if others can’t get on with their faith.
Infact I’ll go so far as to say that those that attack us musn’t be to sure of their faith, otherwise they wouldn’t see us as a threat.
If you have a faith, then get on with it, because if your faith consists in attacking Catholics, then thats no faith at all.

0 Likes

Most attacks on Catholicism are so blatant, and the people who make them so uneducated that it’s all you can do not to laugh at them.

0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.