Egypt’s women urge MPs not to pass early marriage, sex-after-death laws: report

Egypt’s women urge MPs not to pass early marriage, sex-after-death laws:

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/04/25/210198.html

Egypt’s National Council for Women (NCW) has appealed to the Islamist-dominated parliament not to approve two controversial laws on the minimum age of marriage and allowing a husband to have sex with his dead wife within six hours of her death according to a report in an Egyptian newspaper.

She was referring to two laws: one that would legalize the marriage of girls starting from the age of 14 and the other that permits a husband to have sex with his dead wife within the six hours following her death.

The controversy about a husband having sex with his dead wife came about after a Moroccan cleric spoke about the issue in May 2011.

Zamzami Abdul Bari said that marriage remains valid even after death adding that a woman also too had the same right to engage in sex with her dead husband.

I linked the news article above.

Is this serious? I’m sure Islam has something against this law at least. This is disgusting.

Yuck :eek:

Do we HAVE to go there?
:eek:

It's about time someone took on the cause of Farewell Intercourse. :rolleyes:

Just when you think humanity is running short of bizarre ideas...

Sick, very sick… but, blimey, the dead hubby would need quite some rigor mortis for his wife to have her satisfaction!

But I do agree in protection young people, males and much as femeles, from being pressured into early marriages. It can, especially for the women, be little more than a form of slavery, and a lifetime of slavery at that.

This is absolutely gross, disgusting yuck :mad:

I guess humanity will never run out of sick, sick ideas will it?:doh2:

I personally am against it, just argue that it is defiling a corpse or something, I'm pretty sure that that is illegal. As for the 14 year old marriage, wow, that's almost as sick as the deathsex.

Zamzami Abdul Bari said that marriage remains valid even after death adding that a woman also too had the same right to engage in sex with her dead husband

How would she even accomplish that? The heart is stopped so it’s impossible to “pressurize the system”

I am going to close this thread. This seems to be only in the tabloids and there doesn't seem to be a serious bill in the Egyptian parliment to legalize necrophilia. If something changes in this, members are free to post a link to a more reliable news source.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.