EgyptAir Flight 804 disappears

(CNN)EgyptAir Flight 804 heading from Paris to Cairo disappeared from radar with 69 people on board, the airline said.

The plane was flying at 37,000 feet when it disappeared shortly after entering Egyptian airspace, the airline tweeted. It said the Airbus A320 had 59 passengers and 10 crew members.

Conditions were clear and calm when the plane crossed over the Mediterranean, according to CNN meteorologist Michael Guy.

cnn.com/2016/05/18/middleeast/egyptair-flight-disappears/index.html?sr=twCNN051916egyptair-flight-disappears0421AMVODtopPhoto&linkId=24657142

May the Lord bless and protect their souls

Amen.

not again. this is the first I have heard of this. praying for the souls on board.

News reports currently stating it was most likely a terror attack. May they all RIP.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3598117/EgyptAir-flight-MS804-Paris-Cairo-goes-missing.html

*An EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo that crashed into the Mediterranean Sea with 66 people on board was very likely brought down by a terror attack, experts said today.

The Airbus A320 left the French capital’s Charles De Gaulle Airport at 9.09pm GMT last night before coming down off the Greek island of Karpathos ten miles into Egyptian airspace at around 00.30am. Officials said there was no distress call.

There were 56 passengers on board including one Briton, 30 Egyptians, 15 French, one Belgian, one Iraqi, one Kuwaiti, one Saudi Arabian, one Chadian, one Portuguese, one Algerian and one Canadian. There were 10 crew on flight MS804 including three security guards.

Jean-Paul Troadec, the former chief of the BEA national investigation unit, said the lack of a live emergency alert suggested a ‘brutal event’.
He told Europe 1 radio station in Paris: 'A technical problem, a fire or a failed motor do not cause an instant accident and the team has time to react.
‘The team said nothing, they did not react, so it was very probably a brutal event and we can certainly think about an attack.’
His comments came after a captain on board a merchant ship reported seeing a ‘flame in the sky’ over the Mediterranean.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3598117/EgyptAir-flight-MS804-Paris-Cairo-goes-missing.html#ixzz495xvqDHj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

strange. they are now reporting the debris spotted not from missing plane!

I just heard about this a few minutes ago. It is very sad. There is speculation that it might be a terrorist attack but of course other causes haven’t been ruled out yet. I hope it wasn’t a terrorist attack but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was one.

If it was a terror attack, I wonder why no one is claiming responsibility?

I read today sometimes they don’t claim responsibility.

looks like they have definitely found the debris field now.

It looks like the Egyptians still think it was a bomb but other nations are being more cautious as to what caused it. Whether or not it was a terrorist attack, I don’t know. I hope it wasn’t. But then again, even if it was a mechanical failure of some sort, it is still a tragedy and is very sad.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.