Eighty Year Old Florida Diner Beaten In Cursing Dispute

thesmokinggun.com/documents/octogenarian-assaulted-at-Applebees-687543

OCTOBER 1–When an 80-year-old Applebee’s patron politely asked him to stop loudly cursing and talking about “titties and ***,” a Floridian, 26, responded by punching the octogenarian in the face, according to police

gothamist.com/2014/09/23/woman_g_train.php

The 21 year old woman, who identified herself only as “Amanda,” told reporters that at around 4:30 p.m. on September 10th, she was riding a southbound G train when a group of girls, approximately 14 to 15 years old, boarded at Smith/Ninth Street. The teenagers were reportedly swearing in front of two young children on the train, and Amanda asked them to stop. “I said, ‘You guys should be more respectful for your age,” she told CBS 2. “There’s a bunch of children on the train right here, and that’s unacceptable.”

Three girls shoved her, pulled her down by her hair and started kicking her; eventually, another straphange pulled the teens off of her, and police intervened. Amanda was transported to a nearby hospital, having suffered a concussion."My hearing; my vision went out. I couldn’t move,” she said. “And they were relentless. Like they were just like trying — if they had had time, I really believe that they would’ve killed me.”

Saw the first story on Drudge, but there have been a number of these beating incidents in the news where someone asks someone not to use bad language. :mad:

Dear God we need you in our lives, in our country, in the world.
Please help us Father wage battle against the enemy of
the World. In Jesus’ name we pray.
Amen

It’s not worth it anymore to speak up regarding such things as for we don’t know what kind of ticking time bombs we could be dealing with. What violence!
Have Mercy on us and on the whole world.
Mary.

At our local community’s gym I saw a young man wearing a tee shirt with the word "F------"in the middle of a word. I waited for somebody from the gym to say something to him but they didn’t. Finally I went up to him and told him I thought it was inappropriate to wear that in the family setting. He apologized and said he would never do it again.

We shouldn’t quit speaking up, but pick you opportunities wisely.

Gotta carry a gun these days!
:stretcher:

Where does Applebee’s fit into this?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.