Election Results 2006

hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/specials/election_night_2006/us_map/index.html?SITE=CSPANELN&SECTION=POLITICS
More Information on Federal & State Candidates »
2006 Mid-Term Election Results

“Put not your faith in princes and sons of man through whom there is no salvation”.

5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your lords according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the simplicity of your heart, as to Christ:

22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh, not serving to the eye, as pleasing men, but in simplicity of heart, fearing God.

17 Obey your prelates, and be subject to them. For they watch as being to render an account of your souls; that they may do this with joy, and not with grief. For this is not expedient for you.

What was that all about?? It’s just a link for those who are interested. geez…

I think he is a die hard republican - they are not having a good night:tiphat:

Well, I’m not a die-hard Republican, but I’m not so sure this turned out to be a good night for anyone…

Correction, I am a die hard conservative who has seen the exodus of socalled Republicans from the conservative ideals of politics. Republicans especially in on the east coast does not equal Conservatism as we have seen over the last twenty or so years. The Republicans have lost there base and are suffering the results in this election. They deserve to lose.

All I can say is that we all better learn how to speak Spanish.

It was truly a bad night on a number of fronts. A same sex marriage ban lost in Arizona. Embrionic stem cell research was approved in Missouri. The people in South Dakota voted against an abortion ban overwhelmingly and almost defeated a same sex marriage ban. These are all places where there are quite a few Catholics and conservative Christians and the vote went against issues of life and family. We will reap the whirlwind from last night. It’s not about the party that won, but about the liberal social change Americans are sliding into with respect to life and family. There will not be a pro-life Supreme Court after last night and from my vantage point liberal Catholics are to blame for that and the Bishops Conference is not helping with their support of illegal immigrants.

yeah, yeah. Where was that quote in 2000?

Bush is next! :smiley:

What is everyone so happy about? How on earth was this such a great night?

Indeed, they did deserve to lose, but is the country better off for it? I think not. We seem, to me, to be drifting more and more away from God and into the secular movement. Notice I did not say secular-progressive, there is nothing progressive, IMO, in a slide into hell.

How on earth to you make a connection between electing democrats and moving away from God as a country?

Haven’t you heard? they’re Godless smirk

Since the President cannot run for another term … In other unrelated news: Water remains wet.

And any of this has to do with Non-Catholic Religions how???

That answer is simple. The Democratic platform supports killing babies and the promotion of same sex activities. You know that.

CDL

Ditto. If I wanted to talk about politics, I’d go in the other areas of this forum, which I studiously avoid, where most of the whining goes on. Take it outside.

We should all start boning up on our Arabic. We have to be able to speak to our conquerers. Osama today will issue a statement thanking the American people for their dhimmi like attitude and welcoming us to the Caliphate. The terrorists statements last week sounded like they came from democratic party talking points. My suspicion is that folks will only wake up after the next big attack against us at home.

I agree that it should be moved but the excercise of secularism is a kind of religion, don’t you think? Anyway, it should be moved.

CDL

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.