Elizabeth Warren: Time to use 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office

article

Please pass me the peace pipe, Senator Warren. Until Cabinet members agree on the record by name, this is just fodder for her 2020 campaign hopes.

The headline of this thread is a bit misleading. That’s not quite what she said.

She is quoted in the linked article as saying:

If senior administration officials think the President of the United States is not able to do his job, then they should invoke the 25th Amendment

Notice that she said “they should invoke …” (emphasis mine).

It’s not the biggest distinction in the world, but it is a distinction. Words matter.

True. but still highlights why this is for her campaign, not anything of substance.

If Senior Administration officials think ANY President is unfit to do his or her job, then they should invoke the 25th amendment. Well, that’s kind of just paraphrasing the amendment.

Maybe, maybe not. If I had to place my bet, right now, today, I’d bet that she won’t run. Time will tell.

Otherwise, I don’t doubt for a minute that she has serious issues with this administration.

Nor do I, and I haven’t followed her intentions enough to know if she is likely running, frankly. Booker or Harris seem more likely to me. They’re much younger, for one thing.

I’d bet that she will, or at least that she’s seriously considering it at this time.

Sen. Warren has issued a number of public statements (law enforcement, ICE, Mollie Tibbetts, proposed restrictions on corporations) which could be interpreted as attempting to appeal to the party’s progressive base.

She’ll be the same age as Donald Trump if/when she runs. She seems to be in good health.

Nonetheless, my W/A guess at this point is that she won’t run.

There are some things I like about her. Her positions on regulation of the financial sector are good, to my mind. Otherwise, well, who knows. I don’t think she’ll run.

Yes. And I’m on board with her positions on regulation of the financial sector. Still, I don’t think she’ll run.

That said, I’ve been known to be wrong before.

I think they are trying to distract from the Kavanaugh hearing too. They look very helpless.

Not sure if it’s MSN or CNN as cause for misleading headlines.
Such done with intent are fake news, to mislead.

My money’s on Booker. Unless they want to save him for a year when there’s no GOP Incumbent running.

I don’t think so. 10, 20 years down the road? Maybe. But he’s not ready now.

Spartacus is always ready to look like an idiot

Pocahontas and Spartacus - now there is a twosome. :rofl:

Do we really think that kind of name-calling is the best way to encourage dialogue here at CAF?

I prefer not to see Pocahontas (the real person) insulted.
I was okay with calling Warren “Fauxahontas” though.

I once dated a guy who kept insisting he was part Cherokee Indian and therefore could use peyote legally or some such lunacy…needless to say his claim did not hold water. There are an awful lot of people who make false claims of Native American ancestry when it is convenient.

What should be done about those who falsely check the box “Native American” in order to qualify for special acceptance or financial/tuition assistance? Pocahontas, the real person, is respected. The person who was fraudulent showed disrespect IMO. It could be compared to stolen honor. Some records were released recently that showed Warren had conflicting statements. We will maybe hear more when the more important reveals are dealt with justice. There is enough going on to keep everyone struggling to keep up.

They should be checking on these things better especially when it involves college admissions, job preference or financial assistance. Remember Rachel Dolezal and her scam.
Fortunately, I think most people who check the box for minority group are pretty clearly a member of that group.

I was told that because I have straight hair, then I must be part-Chinese.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.