Elton John Calls Jesus Gay

catholicleague.com/release.php?id=1775

**ELTON JOHN CALLS JESUS GAY
February 18, 2010

It is being reported that Elton John told Parade magazine that Jesus was gay. “I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems.”

Catholic League president Bill Donohue issued the following rejoinder today:

Jesus was certainly compassionate, but to say He was “super-intelligent” is to compare the Son of God to a successful game-show contestant. More seriously, to call Jesus a homosexual is to label Him a sexual deviant. But what else would we expect from a man who previously said, “From my point of view, I would ban religion completely.”

We’re not sure what’s worse—John’s ignorance or intolerance. In any event, if we thought we could persuade him to issue an apology, we would try. But given his recidivism, we won’t even bother to ask. One thing is clear: someone needs to straighten John out.

Copyright © 1997-2010 by Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights.
*Material from this website may be reprinted and disseminated with accompanying attribution.

[quote="thereseozi, post:1, topic:187469"]
catholicleague.com/release.php?id=1775

*ELTON JOHN CALLS JESUS GAY

February 18, 2010

It is being reported that Elton John told Parade magazine that Jesus was gay. “I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems.”

Catholic League president Bill Donohue issued the following rejoinder today:

Jesus was certainly compassionate, but to say He was “super-intelligent” is to compare the Son of God to a successful game-show contestant. More seriously, to call Jesus a homosexual is to label Him a sexual deviant. But what else would we expect from a man who previously said, “From my point of view, I would ban religion completely.”

We’re not sure what’s worse—John’s ignorance or intolerance. In any event, if we thought we could persuade him to issue an apology, we would try. But given his recidivism, we won’t even bother to ask. One thing is clear: someone needs to straighten John out.

Copyright © 1997-2010 by Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights.
*Material from this website may be reprinted and disseminated with accompanying attribution.

[/quote]

Why in the world would someone attack our Lord this way???

I don’t think there is anything wrong in calling Jesus intelligent. He was VERY wise and smart but what do you expect? He was God afterall.

This is a good example of picturing the divine as they would want God to be, rather than looking for the divine spark in himself.

Other than just plain silly, the remark is an extreme example of those who would fashion Christ in their own image. “My black Jesus, my white, european Jesus, my expansive early hippie pot-smoking Jesus, my Gay Jesus.”

Beyond Elton John’s ludicrous comment there is a general inability to face Jesus as He truly is.

Was Jesus heterosexual?

Yes!

An intelligent person is limited, albeit less limited than his/her stupider fellow humans. How are we ever to even fathom the mind of God? When Jesus answered his friends and his challengers, he did so with a divine wisdom that made complex realities understandable. Intelligent? Yes, but that and infinitely more.

Ha ha, I love Mr Donohue!

Pray for Elton; that is what Christ wants us to do.

Right, you are.

true. as being fully Man, He would have also taken on the orientation and characteristics of men.

as fully God, He would have also been in complete accordance to God’s standards and designs, on Himself, and for Himself as a Man.

as a sinless Man, nothing in Him would have swayed towards much less acted on anything contrary to His Father’s laws or standards.

that does mean though that He acted on that standard, or orientation. He did not come to fall in love, marry, and raise a family, but to give Himself wholly to all of humanity as a ransom, to die on the cross, and to rise again.

How do you know?

I mean, there’s no mention of him ever getting married, or being in a monogamous relationship with any woman, or having a girlfriend, or even having any sexual desires for women.

At best, the Bible portrays him as being asexual.

John has been less antagonistic than some famous gay celebreties I can think of, but is certainly no angel. That said, this could be just the simple meme of seeing homosexuality under every rock and in the life of every historical figure (Lincoln! Shakespeare! Jesus! See we’re normal!) presumably for purposes of normalizing the lifestyle. I fully concur with grace’s summary, John is completely off base, but am trying to view this incident charitably.

Very well said. An intelligent and moderate response. Very Catholic.

Natural Law! See also post #9 for some details.

I saw this on Fox news… entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/02/18/elton-john-says-jesus-was-a-super-intelligent-gay-man/?test=faces

He wrote some good songs, but what else qualifies him for making these statements, his years of cocaine abuse?

This story reminds me of something that happened a few years ago when the last Superman movie was being developed. Rumors were swirling that Superman would be revealed as a homosexual in the film.

Bryan Singer, the openly gay director, said the rumors were false. In his words: “[Superman] is probably the most heterosexual character in any movie I’ve ever made…I don’t think he’s ever been gay.” (Source)

Likewise, my response to John’s comment is disbelief. Jesus of Nazereth as depicted in the Gospels is one of the most heterosexual individuals in ancient literature.

Elton John learning from the "spirit of error"

The pop veteran tells Parade magazine: "I was attracted to David immediately. He was very well dressed, very shy. The next night we had dinner.

"After it, we fell in love very quickly."

He said of previous lovers: "I'd always choose someone younger. I wanted to smother them with love. I'd take them around the world, try to educate them.

"One after another they got a Cartier watch, a Versace outfit, maybe a sports car.

"They didn't have jobs. They were reliant on me.

"In six months they were bored and hated my guts because I'd taken their lives and self-worth away. I hadn't intended to."

thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2859895/Elton-John-claims-Jesus-was-gay.html#ixzz0fwQCzplq

hopefully he's a poor educator.

That’s very kind.

I recall Elton disagreeing with the political “gays” going after “Marriage”…a couple years back.

that said, I don’t know whether to shake my head and know they’re just ignorant, or be concerned with the outward"smearing " of Jesus.

The Lincoln, Shakespeare thing is annoying to me, but the Jesus thing is evidence that a lot of those homosexuals who embrace the lifestyle, really, really try hard to reconcile their behavior as “normal” so much to constantly need validation through such revisions. Scouring every historical behavior and applying 20th/21st century social assumptions to them.

I don’t even think it should be thought of in those terms anyway.

I think it’s part of the mystery of the hypo-static union, as it was mentioned by poster, grace_singh he came here as a sacrificial lamb…

And taught us about spirit and flesh. We imperfect fallen humans keep thinking in the terms of our imperfect flesh rather than the spirit and perfected flesh.

Anyway, it would make no sense for him to have any relationship with a woman, since his bride would come as the Church.

*‘I don’t know what makes people so cruel. Try being a gay woman in the Middle East – you’re as good as dead.’ *

I wish he had the guts to say in an Islamic country instead of generic Middle East.
And obviously the part about Jesus being gay is bunk.

[quote="Usbek_de_Perse, post:13, topic:187469"]
Very well said. An intelligent and moderate response. Very Catholic.

[/quote]

Thank you. I only hope it is also very correct. It might not be.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.