Elton John claims Jesus was a 'super-intelligent gay man' in U.S. magazine interview

Sir Elton John has dubbed Jesus a 'super-intelligent gay man' in a controversial new interview.

The singer made the throw-away comment while talking about lesbians trying to survive in the Middle East.

'I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems,' he told American magazine Parade in an interview due to be published on Sunday.

'On the cross, he forgave the people who crucified him. Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving.

'I don’t know what makes people so cruel. Try being a gay woman in the Middle East – you’re as good as dead.'

His comments are set to cause a firestorm in the U.S., where deeply religious groups burned Beatles records in 1966 after John Lennon claimed the group was more popular than Jesus.

Sir Elton’s claim came in the middle of an interview about his own drug-taking past and messy relationships with men.

'Just about every relationship I ever had was involved with drugs. It never works,' he said. 'But I longed to be with someone good or bad, otherwise I didn’t feel fulfilled. I’d lost the plot.'

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1252081/Elton-John-claims-Jesus-super-intelligent-gay-man-U-S-magazine-interview.html#ixzzLbskwXWVF

:crossrc:

Talk about creating God in one's own image! :mad:

His comments are set to cause a firestorm in the U.S., where deeply religious groups burned Beatles records in 1966…

I think the British press is giving more importance to Sir John’s remarks than they deserve. He’s a talented musician and singer, but no one expects him to be a theologian. I doubt anyone is going to start burning Elton’s CDs.

If there is anything interesting about his comments, it’s that it demonstrates yet another openly-gay person who wants to transform Jesus into the gay mold. It’s a curiosity why so many gay individuals think Jesus was gay, where if you tried to claim Jesus was, say, a lover of fried chicken, there would be a never-ending demand for biblical proof of it. But that doesn’t seem to happen with the allegation Jesus was gay. I wonder why? Is it a PC thing, maybe?

Who cares what Elton John says? Talented man when it comes to the piano. When it comes to everything else, not so much.

I just ignore it when any celebrity speaks out like this. Well, that and I feel sorry for them.

Obviously Sir John is no biblical scholar else he couldn’t make this conclusion. I think he is better at picking out flashy and weird clothes.

God Bless,

Iowa Mike

Hmm, that would make God's Son an abomination. So I have to keep my doubts about this particular bit of Christology.

I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems

Did he mention where he got his doctorate in historical-critical research and psychoanalytical exegesis? Scientific-minded people should be just as appalled by this presumptuous BS as faithful Christians.

Elton’s just a poor old girl long past her “best before” date.Thank God the Ukraine did not let her and her partner adopt.

[quote="Soutane, post:9, topic:187556"]
Elton's just a poor old girl long past her "best before" date.Thank God the Ukraine did not let her and her partner adopt.

[/quote]

I'm not sure who should be more insulted - women or gay men?

just please don't.

[quote="DomusAurea, post:10, topic:187556"]
I'm not sure who should be more insulted - women or gay men?

just please don't.

[/quote]

Just please don't what?Have you read any of the insults hurled by that effeminate at our Faith and Christ himself?
My wordplay was a cherry blossom in comparison.Besides homosexualists quite often refer to themselves as she and her.

He wants attention.

He is living in la la land.

Elton John ia evidence for Freud’s hydraulic theory of sexuality, that is if you repress your sexual urges on one level, you can sublimate them onto another. His most creative period of great songwriting happened before he came out. After, he could do no more than rehash an older tribute to Marylin Monroe, as if leftovers would be a fitting tribute to Diana.

And now, what we are getting is a rehashing of some tired old blasphemies against Jesus that are no way even original to Elton John at any level.

It is kind of sad to see yet another life of promise so thoroughly wasted. It is not that he is no longer great. His comments do not even rise to the level of mediocre.

Blasphemy is the language of the damned

[quote="lemonbeam, post:1, topic:187556"]
Read more: dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1252081/Elton-John-claims-Jesus-super-intelligent-gay-man-U-S-magazine-interview.html#ixzzLbskwXWVF

[/quote]

:coffeeread: Consider the source..... Put him on this forum and let him try to make his case......LOL

‘I don’t know what makes people so cruel. Try being a gay woman in the Middle East – you’re as good as dead.’

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1252081/Elton-John-claims-Jesus-super-intelligent-gay-man-U-S-magazine-interview.html#ixzz0gEPc9pVA

Try calling Mohammed a gay man, even in London, see what happens.

[quote="Soutane, post:9, topic:187556"]
Elton's just a poor old girl long past her "best before" date.Thank God the Ukraine did not let her and her partner adopt.

[/quote]

He is a musical genius. He did his part for music, and is of the calibre of never being past his best before date. Just because he has bad theology doesn't change that.

Also, is "the" necessary when addressing Ukraine? Do Germans live in The Germany?

[quote="Darryl1958, post:14, topic:187556"]
Elton John ia evidence for Freud's hydraulic theory of sexuality, that is if you repress your sexual urges on one level, you can sublimate them onto another. His most creative period of great songwriting happened before he came out. After, he could do no more than rehash an older tribute to Marylin Monroe, as if leftovers would be a fitting tribute to Diana.

And now, what we are getting is a rehashing of some tired old blasphemies against Jesus that are no way even original to Elton John at any level.

It is kind of sad to see yet another life of promise so thoroughly wasted. It is not that he is no longer great. His comments do not even rise to the level of mediocre.

[/quote]

This is among the most disrespectful things I have ever heard reading on the internet. Do you know the story about Diana's death, and how Elton came to write something for that event and the funeral?

It is amazing that having a BS in Anthropology, I get to use it more in online groups and movie reviews than in everyday life.

While I certainly acknowledge that Elton is far off base here, one thing we do see almost universally when we look at ideas of the divine cross culturally is that each culture tends to view God, gods, the divine as superhuman versions of themselves. Even today, many Christians or at least those exposed to Christianity cannot fathom God’s forgiveness because that level of forgiveness is not in them personally.

For Elton to view Christ as a ‘super-intelligent gay man’ is reasonable on a basic human level as Elton does not know enough of morality to see that what he is is terribly wrong. Therefore he would not be human in that condition if he didn’t view Christ that way.

In some ways, this could be called the first step on sir Elton’s road to God. For now that he has an idea of Christ it is now the duty of Christendom to help him to understand how God’s law surpasses Elton’s flawed idea of man and God.

My :twocents:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.