Emails suggest Clinton aide stage-managed Benghazi hearing questions

Newly released emails suggest a senior Hillary Clinton aide stage-managed her first hearing on the Benghazi terrorist attack by feeding specific topics Clinton wanted to address to Democratic Sen. Robert Menendez, who at the time was acting chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee.

“We wired it that Menendez would provide an opportunity to address two topics we needed to debunk (her actions/whereabouts on 9/11, and these email from Chris Stevens about moving locations,)” Clinton media gatekeeper Philippe Reines wrote to Chelsea Clinton the morning of the Jan. 23, 2013 hearing.

foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/06/wired-it-emails-suggest-clinton-aide-stage-managed-benghazi-hearing-questions.html

Robert Menendez… the partisan hack gift that keeps on giving. :rolleyes:

Isn’t that obstruction of justice?

It is incredibly naive to suggest that it was somehow problematic for Hillary Clinton to ask a Democratic member of a committee to raise two topics in an investigation.

Mind you, GOP congressmen participating in the eight or so GOP-instigated congressional investigations were clearly coordinating their attack on Hillary Clinton, not only to understand the facts of the matter but also to create a political liability for the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee. If you want a real political scandal, look no further than the GOP attempt to politicize the death of four Americans in Libya, despite finding no wrongdoing by Hillary Clinton and the State Department over the course of these investigations.

Riiiiiiiight!:rolleyes:

is that allowed or do we need another investigation?

Jason Chaffetz, Republican chairman of the House oversight committee, has asked for a new investigation into whether aides or contractors working for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton tried to impede a congressional inquiry by deleting an archive of her emails. As long as the GOP has a majority in the House and Hillary Clinton is a candidate for President, she will be under investigation – for purely non-political reasons of course!

As I understand it, the emails were requested under subpoena and an aid initiated the data wipe using the bleach-bits program. Though politics may be involved, it’s a serious transgression of our ‘rule of law’

The FBI has determined that there was no transgression of our “rule of law.”

House Republicans are furious that Hillary Clinton won’t be subjected to a criminal lawsuit, so they will use every means at their disposal to continue their investigations and keep this issue in the news.

The FBI is working under the Obama Administration and for Hillary, not for the public. The FBI can say there is no transgression, but the public is saying there was. Even the news says there is a problem. It’s all coming out in the wash, everyday something new comes out. Hillary Clinton is a habitual liar, even under oath. There is something seriously pathologically wrong with the woman. It won’t go away until the entire truth is out and there’s more coming. The rules of the law speak for themselves, maybe people should read them.

:thumbsup:

No, the FBI said they didn’t think Hillary would be prosecuted, not that her team didn’t break the law.

It’s very clear that people on her team broke security protocols that landed other people under charges.

This is a false statement. Please do educate yourself on the matter so that you do not keep repeating false information, especially since you have now been informed that it is false. Intentionally repeating information you now know to be false would be wrong.

House Republicans are furious that Hillary Clinton won’t be subjected to a criminal lawsuit, so they will use every means at their disposal to continue their investigations and keep this issue in the news.

Congress subpoenaed her emails, and then a couple weeks later those emails were deleted and destroyed, even going so far as to use a program called BleachBit, which makes recovery of the emails impossible. This is a felony.

I will have to disagree with your statement. The FBI’s decision was to not pursue criminal charges. Therefore, was there transgression? It appears that the FBI has determined that it was not enough to merit being criminal.

This seems to be more of a “politicize” issue that is driven to stir public opinion.

I think they said both the law and security protocols were broken, but you couldn’t prove Hillary did it, no smoking gun against Hillary.

I’m very disappointed the FBI has completely ignored her staff, who committed clearly documented transgressions that many others have been punished for. Many who copy/pasted such sensitive information out of it’s secure location onto an unsecured device have been punished.

I agree with you…

But with the digital age, we have to re-evaluate “security” and the dissemination of information. As you pointed out, information can simply be “copy/pasted” between locations. However, it is even easier than that…just take a picture with your smart phone and distribute it as you wish. I see this happening within the medical industry each and every day…there are small businesses that keep credit card information on Excel files in very unsecure locations.

The talk about secure or unsecure server(s) is a pointless waste of time. I don’t always believe there is malice in these transactions. However, I agree that someone at the top should take the responsibility for these actions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.