Embarrasing, but prayers needed

My wife and I have been struggling with our decision for her to not work and to be a stay-at-home mom as we are foster parents and want the best possible situation. This has made life monetarily tight for the last 6-7 years. Now it is getting worse. Today I got notice that a bill collector is going to garnish my wages (neither my wife or I ever got a subpoena, do they not have to do that anymore?) and this will cause us to lose the house and everything.

Please, We beg you for prayers and any insights you may have.

Thank you,

Bryan

Saint Joseph, patron of all seeking honest employment, please aid this husband in need. Please pray that he may be able to make enough in order to keep his family together growing in God’s love at home. This man is trying to do what is best for his family, by taking in less, making sacrifices, all in order to give his children more love and time from a good and loving parent. Please may this man be able to have all he needs, so that his wife may be able to stay at home to help raise their children in Your Love.

First, may I say congratulations to you for doing such a wonderful work in taking in foster children. May you and your wife be blessed. Second, we are not supposed to give advice here in prayer intentions. This is a prayer only forum. There are other forums on Catholic Answers Forums that may be able to assist you in discussing children and finances. “Parenting” and “Faith and Finances.” May God bless you with the knowledge and answers you need to make the best decision for your family. Please be assured that we will continue praying for you here as you make that decision.

Bryan, I’m troubled to hear of your predicament. I second Blessed wife’s thoughts and give my ‘Amen’ to her prayer for your wife and family. “Amen” to all your urgent prayers. We lost our home. I pray that won’t happen to you. Jesus, Bryan only seeks generously to love and serve You and others. Please have mercy on him and his wife and foster family.

Please direct Bryan to any avenue of authority of guidance and help. I wonder if others in another forum will have practical understand of what you can do, Bryan. I will be praying for you and your family. Jesus, please guide Bryan and his wife in their decisions, including regarding her return to the workforce.

I said a prayer for you. Consider posting in the faith and finances sub-forum.

Bryan,

Prayers up for you. In the meantime, please consider applying with ModestNeeds.org .

Juli

Our Father
who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil
Amen

Praying for you and your family!
Have you started the 30-days prayer to St. Joseph?

What is this?

Praying for you and your family…

Prayers promised

Ever blessed and glorious Joseph, kind and loving father, and helpful friend of all in sorrow! You are the good father and protector of orphans, the defender of the defenseless, the patron of those in need and sorrow. Look kindly on my request. My sins have drawn down on me the just displeasure of my God, and so I am surrounded with unhappiness. To you, loving guardian of the Family of Nazareth, do I go for help and protection.
Listen, then, I beg you, with fatherly concern, to my earnest prayers, and obtain for me the favors I ask.

I ask it by the infinite mercy of the eternal Son of God, which moved Him to take our nature and to be born into this world of sorrow.

I ask it by the weariness and suffering you endured when you found no shelter at the inn of Bethlehem for the holy Virgin, nor a house where the Son of God could be born. Then, being everywhere refused, you had to allow the Queen of Heaven to give birth to the world’s Redeemer in a cave.

I ask it by that painful torture you felt at the prophecy of holy Simeon, which declared the Child Jesus and His holy Mother future victims of our sins and of their great love for us.

I ask it through your sorrow and pain of soul when the angel declared to you that the life of the Child Jesus was sought by His enemies. From their evil plan you had to flee with Him and His Blessed Mother to Egypt. I ask it by all the suffering, weariness, and labors of that long and dangerous journey.

I ask it by all your care to protect the Sacred Child and His Immaculate Mother during your second journey, when you were ordered to return to your own country. I ask it by your peaceful life in Nazareth where you met with so many joys and sorrows.

I ask it by your great distress when the adorable Child was lost to you and His Mother for three days. I ask it by your joy at finding Him in the Temple, and by the comfort you found at Nazareth, while living in the company of the Child Jesus. I ask it by the wonderful submission He showed in His obedience to you.

I ask it by the perfect love and conformity you showed in accepting the Divine order to depart from this life, and from the company of Jesus and Mary. I ask it by the joy which filled your soul, when the Redeemer of the world, triumphant over death and hell, entered into the possession of His kingdom and led you into it with special honors.

I ask it through Mary’s glorious Assumption, and through that endless happiness you have with her in the presence of God.

O good father! I beg you, by all your sufferings, sorrows, and joys, to hear me and obtain for me what I ask.

(make your request)

Obtain for all those who have asked my prayers everything that is useful to them in the plan of God. Finally, my dear patron and father, be with me and all who are dear to me in our last moments, that we may eternally sing the praises of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

(to be said on 30 consecutive days)

THANKS! Starting today!

Praying very hard for your intention!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.