Embrassed to ask

I’m a little embrassed to ask this. But could someone please tell me what passage is it, where Jesus tells Peter that he is the Rock. I’ve read this passage a number of times, but not being someone who can run off Bible passages off by heart like some err umm bible thumpers,…:whistle:* can’t recall where it is. (like just about every other Bible passage i know). Any help will save me a lot of page fliping and pulling of hair. much apreciated. *

[quote=misterX]I’m a little embrassed to ask this. But could someone please tell me what passage is it, where Jesus tells Peter that he is the Rock. I’ve read this passage a number of times, but not being someone who can run off Bible passages off by heart like some err umm bible thumpers,…:whistle:* can’t recall where it is. (like just about every other Bible passage i know). Any help will save me a lot of page fliping and pulling of hair. much apreciated. *
[/quote]

Matthew

{16:18} And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (DRC)

I haven’t found an online Catholic concordance yet. If anyone out there has a good one, please post the link. What I do is look up things at Protestant sites and then get the wording from an on-line Douay Rheims Challoner Bible.

Here are my concordances:

bible.gospelcom.net/

godsview.com/

studylight.org/dic/ebd/

bible.crosswalk.com/

bible.oremus.org/index.html

etext.virginia.edu/etcbin/kjv2www?specfile=/texts/english/religion/kjv/kjv-pub.o2w

unbound.biola.edu/

Here are my Douay Rheims Challoner Bibles:

sacredbible.org/challoner/

ccel.org/c/challoner/douayrheims/dr.html

:slight_smile:

Don’t be embarrased to ask. Thats one of the things forums are for - asking people questions when you don’t know the answer. I don’t know the references for many bible passages either - half the time I don’t even know which book I read something in.

Here is a very good one for Douay Rheims:

drbo.org/

Its search mechanism is very good, too. I found some typos, so it isn’t perfect, but you can send in corrections.

hurst

[quote=hurst]Here is a very good one for Douay Rheims:

drbo.org/
[/quote]

Thank you for this. I do already have this link. I believe the Challoner version of Douay Rheims is preferable and I forget why. However perhaps I can use the search function on the DR site. :thumbsup:

ok. thanks everyone for your help. it saved me a lot of time

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.