Emergency prayers for a family of 8 who all died at once in a fire

I am asking for prayers for a family of 8 who died in a fire in the middle of the night. The mother, a 38-year old, (pregnant with her 8th child) and the children ranging from 11 years old to 20 months have all perished. The father was in Ottawa in the process of buying a farm for this big and growing family.

The origin of the fire is unknown but foul play has been ruled out. They are Christians and live around here.

How devastating for everyone! What a tribulation for the father to live with! His anguish is inconceivable…

Just asking for prayers…and thank you!

Blessings,
Shoshana

the saddest thing I’ve ever heard…

Yeah, that sounds sad. I’ll pray for them.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy!

Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished
children of Eve, to thee do we send
up our sighs, mourning and weeping
in this valley, of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us; and
after this our exile show unto us the
blessed fruit of thy womb Jesus;
O clement, O loving, O sweet virgin Mary.

Pray for us, O holy Mother of God

That we may be made worthy of the
promises of Christ.

Sweet Mother of Mercy, pray for this family;

for the bereaved father,

and the mother and the children who departed from this life.

May they all find peace and eternal rest,

We pray in Jesus name,

Amen

Heavenly Father,In Jesus name We lift up this man to you this moment. We pray Lord that you will Hold him in your arms and comfort him in his agony and sorrow. We pray Lord that your Holy Spirit will comfort his grief and that your presence will bring comfort… We pray Lord that you will send forth your Holy angels to minister to Him.Please Father recieve his Family into your kingdom so that one day he be reunited again.We pray Lord that in the days to come you will be his comforter,his refuge. Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers.May these prayers pierce the clouds and reach the heavens where your holy angels and saints will gather them into the throne room. We ask in Jesus name. Amen.

I have prayed for them personally and will include them in the Mass intenstions today.

[quote=tru_dvotion]Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy!

Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished
children of Eve, to thee do we send
up our sighs, mourning and weeping
in this valley, of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us; and
after this our exile show unto us the
blessed fruit of thy womb Jesus;
O clement, O loving, O sweet virgin Mary.

Pray for us, O holy Mother of God

That we may be made worthy of the
promises of Christ.

Sweet Mother of Mercy, pray for this family;

for the bereaved father,

and the mother and the children who departed from this life.

May they all find peace and eternal rest,

We pray in Jesus name,

Amen

[/quote]

Amen

This family and those closest to them will remain in my prayers.

God Bless them and much love and peace to them always

Teresa

I will remember them in my prayers

I prayed to St Rita to ask Jesus to drop water on this father’s heart , burning with pain, to soothe it with HIs Love.

[quote=SPOKENWORD]Heavenly Father,In Jesus name We lift up this man to you this moment. We pray Lord that you will Hold him in your arms and comfort him in his agony and sorrow. We pray Lord that your Holy Spirit will comfort his grief and that your presence will bring comfort… We pray Lord that you will send forth your Holy angels to minister to Him.Please Father recieve his Family into your kingdom so that one day he be reunited again.We pray Lord that in the days to come you will be his comforter,his refuge. Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers.May these prayers pierce the clouds and reach the heavens where your holy angels and saints will gather them into the throne room. We ask in Jesus name. Amen.
[/quote]

Lord, hear our prayer.

:amen:

I ma thinking of sending these prayer petitions to the family in question…what do you thinK???

Blessings,
Shoshana

Please feel free to send mine.

How awful! I will remember them and pray extra prayers for the poor father and husband. Thanks for sharing this with us Shoshana. Annunciata

This is just an update on the whole situation. The funeral was held today and I saw it on TV. The husband stood and spoke at the podium in front of the caskets ranging from adult size to toddler size. Of course, he was crying and he shared how his wife suffered so much from back problems but her desire to have a large family was her goal and continued to have them. He called her a ‘living sacrifice’ for what she has done in bringing so many beautiful children into the world.

This kind of attitude is so in contrast with the mega million abortions that are being performed each year in all of the countries. God bless her and her little angels. Especially, God bless the husband that is left behind in tears.

Blessings,
Shoshana

May God give them rest, may they be gathered into the depths of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

I pray that God may comfort the family. I will say my rosary for them tonight! God bless their souls. I pray that the mother and children may enter the glory of God. Poor guy. I hope he is able to find some happiness left in his life. Bless them all.

[quote=Shoshana]This is just an update on the whole situation. The funeral was held today and I saw it on TV. The husband stood and spoke at the podium in front of the caskets ranging from adult size to toddler size. Of course, he was crying and he shared how his wife suffered so much from back problems but her desire to have a large family was her goal and continued to have them. He called her a ‘living sacrifice’ for what she has done in bringing so many beautiful children into the world.

This kind of attitude is so in contrast with the mega million abortions that are being performed each year in all of the countries. God bless her and her little angels. Especially, God bless the husband that is left behind in tears.

Blessings,
Shoshana
[/quote]

Oh Shoshana…
I will pray for them…this is so heatbreaking…
The husband is so brave in his pain…
God Bless

NNOO!!

Prayers. :frowning:

Although I was crying so hard that all I could say was Jesus, oh Jesus, I know He heard the unspoken prayer of my heart. I will continue to pray. I am so sorry for the loss of that family…

Good morning. I worked all day yesterday so I am including this article from yesterday’s paper. I am writing as exhortation for all of us…this is the eulogy of the father during the funeral service that was held yesterday:

Wearing a black suit and carrying a black leather-bound Bible, a symbol of faith that has kept him strong for the last week, Woerlen said he accepted God’s will to take his family.

‘This is the day that the Lord has made,’ he said ‘He has decided they must come home.’

He said his wife suffered a serious back injury playing sports when she was young. A spinal fusion operation repaired some of the damage and offered relief from the constant pain.

Each time she gave birth, because of her sensitive spine, the pain came back with a vengeance. but like Jesus on the cross, she was willing to sacrifice her own comfort for others.

‘She gave herself to pain to bring forth seven wonderful children,’ Woerlan said, choking back tears. ‘She was a living sacrifice’.

‘Thank you Monika, for your example to me and to the rest of the world. Our wonderful seven children were a a gift from heaven. (We must not forget she was also 4-5 months pregnant for the 8th). The joy we shared from the breakfast table to the goodnight hugs and kisses will spur me on in faithfulness until eterntiy.’

Marc Woerlan offered personal farewells to each member of his departed family. At the end of the ceremony, everyone gathered to sing a slow hymn about the impermanence of life. Wperlan accompanied the singers on his trumpet. He wept as he played, but not a single note wavered.

Blessings,
Shoshana

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.