Emergency surgery

My boyfriend’s family has been having a run of bad luck this year. Now my boyfriend’s brother has appendicitis and needs surgery. They don’t have insurance or the money for the surgery. :frowning: My boyfriend told his mom to borrow the money and said he would do his best to help her pay the money back, but it’s about six months’ salary for him on his slave labour wages.

I know that with a large family, you’re just statistically more likely to have things go wrong, and in a poor country like the Philippines people don’t have insurance, so everything that goes wrong is going to cost a lot of money. It just feels like everytime they get on their feet, another wave knocks them down again. And since my boyfriend is one of the few in the family who made it to another country, he’s the one they turn to for a hand up.

I keep telling my boyfriend to pray and keep working, and we’ll find a way to solve these problems, but the words sound a little hollow today. He could use your prayers, and his brother too, obviously.

This is so sad. I will pray daily for your boyfriend and his family. Please keep praying, too. God bless.

In Jesus’ name, Father, I ask You to flood Your healings and blessings on this family.

I will keep him and all your intensions in my prayers.

i and others are praying for you and your boyfriend.

keep praying. keep praying. keep praying.

much love,
jen

Lord, I believe:
I wish to believe in Thee.
Lord, let my faith be full and unreserved,
and let it penetrate my thought,
my way of judging Divine things and human things.
Lord, let my faith be joyful
and give peace and gladness to my spirit,
and dispose it for prayer with God
and conversation with men,
so that the inner bliss of its fortunate possession
may shine forth in sacred and secular conversation.
Lord, let my faith be humble and not presume
to be based on the experience of my thought and of my
feeling;
but let it surrender to the testimony of the Holy Spirit,
and not have any better guarantee than in docility to
Tradition
and to the authority of the magisterium of the Holy Church.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Lord,
Please help this family!

Please console them in their faith and do not let their prayers go unanswered. We know we must all carry our crosses after you, but please help this family carry their crosses.

Instill in them a trust that You will provide so they may live in peace and with patience to deal with what they are given each day, to let tomorrow’s concerns be saved for tomorrow, and to let hope be their guide. With Your Love working through them, we have confidence that You will grace them with these gifts to have a peace of mind about the worries of each day and the days to come.

Please do not let Your children go unattanded.

Jesus, we trust in You!

Amen, Amen!
+

tGette, that is a beautiful prayer. Thank you. Everyone else who is praying for my boyfriend and his family, you have my thanks as well. I feel sure we can carry these crosses, but my boyfriend is feeling that the burden is too heavy. I don’t know what else to tell him but keep working, keep praying, and keep trusting in God that He won’t give us too great a load to bear.

Lord have mercy on this family

***JMJTJ+

They will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen***

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.