Emmanuel, God with us

I’m thinking that focusing and meditating on God’s Omnipresence would help me with a lot things, it would help me do my university work better, and stop me from sinning. (If I remember correctly, I once heard that St. Teresa of Avila at one point said something along the lines of, “The main reason we sin, is because we think God is far away rather than with us.”)

I’ve started getting into the habit of saying the Chotki almost every time I walk as a way of reminding myself of this, and of Him, does anyone have more advise on how to be more mindful of this? Also can anyone help make sure I have the right understanding of this truth, of God who is omnipresent, yet truly present in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar, He whom the universe cannot contain, and yet abided in the Immaculate Womb of Mary for 9 months, and is closer to us than we are to ourselves?

closed #2

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.