Employment and general feeling of desperation

As you many of you know I’ve been unemployed for a long time. I have a second interview coming up next week for a part time job with no benefits but it’s very close to home and I can almost survive on the income.

However, become of the income, I’ll lose my present patient assistance from the pharma companies and will be off all my major meds which total around $14,000 a year (depending upon where I’m pricing the stuff). I admit I feel terrible temptation to lie to pharma…I’m just praying desperately about it.

I can also take a full time job with my brother making an extremely low hourly rate that will have me making less than the part time job. I’m not sure he has benefits but if he does it will be the plan my brother is on and I strongly doubt they’ll pay for the meds either.

Please pray for me to make the right decision here. (I’m jumping the gun because I haven’t been offered the part time job), but if I’m not offered it I’ll have to decide about my brother’s offer by Monday.

I’m not sure I see the point of going back to living the way I lived prior to finding meds that work for me. I’m just in a bad place right now and can use all the help I can get.

Free Forum
Self Cert Mortgage Centre
Life Insurance

Lord if getting paid work is self-destructive for this person, please encourage meaningful activity without compromising medical stability. Lord, let the possible work decision conform to whatever is best and wisest.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

My dear Saviour,
I unite all my affections with the affections of Your most loving Heart;
and I offer them, thus united, to Your eternal Father,
and beseech Him in Your name to vouchsafe,
for Your love, to accept them.
Amen.

Amen

I pray that God will guide and help you in difficult decisions that you may
have to make. I pray you will be able to discern how necessary your meds
may be to your life.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please Have Mercy upon this person who has been unemployed for so long. Lord, You have blessed me with a situation in which my own unemployment is not a reason for alarm as of yet, but so many others do not have the same grace. Please help this person to find employment in their time of desperation, Lord, and save them from despair. Remind them to offer up to You their troubles. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.