End-Of-The-World preppers

I am declaring the end of the world next year, at this time (according to the tea leaves).
So, what do we need to prepare? I got a basement filled with canned food, rice and pasta. I have my short-wave radio so I can get up-to-the-minute updates. I also have loads of ammunition for the zombie horde. Oh, and lots of books.
Anything missing?

***To make this a NCR topic, do Catholics and non-Catholic prep the same way?
:smiley:

Sorry to be a stickler for reality, here, but if the world is going to end I don’t think you’ll be needing pasta or ammunition. :bounce:

Didn’t you see the movied 2012? Not even WI was a safe place to be. :stuck_out_tongue:

I could lure the zombies with the pasta and then blow them away. :wink:

I actually started this light thread because I do find it amusing that these doom and gloom preachers apparently think they will be watching the end of the world on cable TV. :smiley:

Yeah, just yanking your chain. :popcorn:

I agree about the doom and gloom preachers not being in touch with any real world scenario. I have to wonder what it’s like to live in their universe where everything is as they’d like it to be instead of how it really is. Strange, isn’t it?

Anyway, if civilization were to go kah-pow and there were survivors, then it’d be time to dive into the stored dried foods and block the doors, all right.

My dh and I have a small camper. We’d stock it up, travel as far as our gas tank would take us into N. MN (because who would be crazy enough to follow us to wintry climes with no electricity?), find a reliable water source, and try to survive. That’s us, anyway. :smiley:

Your last entry on what’s stockpiled makes me smile.

Move down here Chica.

We are so far off the tail tip of NA that if the world would end, we would hear about it six years later.

Don’t worry about your preps, we have several Sam’s Club and a LOT of gun stores. (Prime hunting country).

Just get your soma down here, join us in penance, and restart your prepps. :):):slight_smile:

ICXC NIKA

I’m a prepper, he’s a prepper, she’s a prepper, we’re a prepper,
Wouldn’t you like to be a prepper too?
Drink Dr. Prepper

Or did you perhaps mean Sargent Prepper’s Lonely Heart’s Club Band?

A good tool kit, duct tape, flashlight and batteries.

First aid kit, toothbrush, dental floss, toilet paper.

Winter clothing, gloves/mittens, knitted or fleece cap, blankets, sleeping bags.

Dark chocolate.

The same with N. MN, but it would be warmer. :smiley:

Don’t worry about your preps, we have several Sam’s Club and a LOT of gun stores. (Prime hunting country).

Sam’s Clubs we got, but not so many gun stores in liberal MN. However, we do own one spear, two crossbows, and three swords–not to mention other sundry cutlery–would that do?

Just get your soma down here, join us in penance, and restart your prepps. :):):slight_smile:

ICXC NIKA

You make a quality offer. We might take you up on it. :tiphat:

1 Like

Oh yeah, I forgot spices: Throw in a few cans of sliced jalapeño preppers, some green chili preppers, and a large bottle of ground cayenne prepper.

All joking aside, I hope that I am prepared for bad weather or storms. Don’t tell Obama that you have guns and ammo "cuse I heard he is looking for you. If “stuff happens” he is coming to your house for free food, shelter and protection from the zombies.:smiley:

1 Like

You forgot your U2 albums and some good ragu’.

Oh. And some small mice or birds to check out the air quality in about 6 months or so.

**What kind of Preppers are you guys?

You ALL forgot WATER ! ! !** Q :smiley:

1 Like

We’re Catholic.
We use wine. :smiley:

MN is the land of 20,000 lakes (not merely 10 thou as believed). We can’t walk a mile without falling into at least a puddle. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Silly you Della -

We’re going to be miles underground with steel all around us.

I say we nominate Tuscany to check the final “Things Needed to Survive” list.

P:S: I take my water frizzy.

Chocolate. You forgot chocolate.

Heinlein & I agree! Have you read Farnham’s Freehold? Besides books, he has a lot of other good prepper suggestions.

My daughter’s favorite Heinlein.

I have water! LOL!:smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.