End Times in England

Help. I have a Evangelical family member who believes in the rapture and that the end times are almost here. This person claims that the bombing in England is no big deal because this type of bombing goes on all the time because England is a warzone like Israel. I do not live in England, but common sense tells me this is way off the mark.

Hello

No need to worry this thing has not happenedsince the second world war, someone is trying to put the fear in you or misrepresent things.

God Bless
Saint Andrew.

Hi-
JPII himself has said we are in “endtimes” and if you think about it, every day could be an endtime for anyone of us! :eek: I think that is where our hearts should lie - storing treasures in heaven everyday.

The belief in the “rapture” is unbiblical, and could lead people away from the biblical teaching of preaching the good news until the end of time. What’s the point in doing that, or in voting, or in anything tied to this world, if you believe that you’ll be taken up into heaven before the tribulations of the Apocalypse?
Seems to me that the attitude the rapture spawns is sometimes apathetic, hence the idea the bombings were “no big deal”.

Here’s an article from Envoy about the Rapture:
envoymagazine.com/backissues/5.3/rapture.htm

Here’s one from This Rock:
catholic.com/thisrock/2001/0109fea3.asp

I hope these articles help convince your family member about the false belief in the rapture! Good luck.

London was a war zone yesterday. The carnage was/is indescribable and yet the hand of God, the loving Grace of God was everywhere. 13 dead on the bus but 47 not dead, including the driver. How could God not be there when you consider that the bomb exploded directly behind his position? The bus was exactly passing the HQ of the British Medical Association, the governing body for doctors in UK. Guaranteed to have a few dozen docs in there any day of the working week. They were able to do much good before the paramedics got to the wounded.

God could be seen in the faces of the medics tenderly staunching the blood of the wounded; in the Fire Fighters going down into that hell tunnel under Russell Square time after time because there was still a chance someone might be alive down there; in the anonymouis moslem shop keeper who emptied his entire shop of bottled water and soft drinks and gave them to the stunned, the walking wounded, the rescue teams; the quiet dignity of the survivors; the messages of sympathy and hope from around the world.

We Londoner’s have been bombed before. Dozens of times back in the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s.The Provo IRA didn’t win then, and the murdering bastards who planted those bombs yesterday won’t win now. Two devices were recovered intact. They already have DNA samples. There will be more painstaking Forensic work down in the tunnels. The Met Police are the worlds most experienced Urban terror police force. It was they who painstakingly re-assembled every fragment of the Pan Am plane which exploded over Lockerbie. They found the detonating device, they found the detonator, they traced them both back to the source.

My point? Be afraid. Be very afraid. We will hunt you down if it takes a lifetime and we will bring you to justice or we will shoot you down like the mad dogs that you are.

[quote=Saint Andrew]No need to worry this thing has not happenedsince the second world war, someone is trying to put the fear in you or misrepresent things.
[/quote]

I think that you are forgetting that the IRA have also exploded a few bombs in London since the war.

rossum

I didn’t know you blokes still had firearms… :smiley: Just kidding of course!

This is what terrorism does. It doesn’t weaken the people, it strengthens them. By attacking the weak, they unify. By killing the defenceless, they strengthen our resolve. By harming the innocent, they awake rightous indignation…

The terrorists will rue the day that they embarked upon a path of war.

I pray that your investigators will find those guilty of these horrible acts and frankly, I hope they aren’t taken alive.

[quote=Cockney Clive]London was a war zone yesterday.
[/quote]

war zones: iraq, afghanistan, serbia, israel, rwanda, sierra leone, darfur, vietnam, chechen war, somalian, colombian, algerian, liberian, burundi, georgian, kosovo wars, etc, etc, etc…
london yesterday… london yesterday???

[quote=philipmarus]Help. I have a Evangelical family member who believes in the rapture and that the end times are almost here. This person claims that the bombing in England is no big deal because this type of bombing goes on all the time because England is a warzone like Israel. I do not live in England, but common sense tells me this is way off the mark.
[/quote]

So why didn’t the end come when the IRA bombed London, or Brighton, or Birmingham ?

This sort of reaction is ridiculous - if this country survive atrocities committed by the scum from the IRA, it can survive atrocities committed by their Muslim fellow-scum.

But no part of the mainland can be called a war-zone: part of Sudan is a war-zone; parts of Iraq are war-zones; Western Europe has plenty of violent criminals - but that doesn’t justify calling it or any part of it a war-zone.

As the rapture is timed for 2016, your informant is mistaken ##

[quote=Cockney Clive]London was a war zone yesterday. The carnage was/is indescribable and yet the hand of God, the loving Grace of God was everywhere. 13 dead on the bus but 47 not dead, including the driver. How could God not be there when you consider that the bomb exploded directly behind his position? The bus was exactly passing the HQ of the British Medical Association, the governing body for doctors in UK. Guaranteed to have a few dozen docs in there any day of the working week. They were able to do much good before the paramedics got to the wounded.

God could be seen in the faces of the medics tenderly staunching the blood of the wounded; in the Fire Fighters going down into that hell tunnel under Russell Square time after time because there was still a chance someone might be alive down there; in the anonymouis moslem shop keeper who emptied his entire shop of bottled water and soft drinks and gave them to the stunned, the walking wounded, the rescue teams; the quiet dignity of the survivors; the messages of sympathy and hope from around the world.

We Londoner’s have been bombed before. Dozens of times back in the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s.The Provo IRA didn’t win then, and the murdering bastards who planted those bombs yesterday won’t win now. Two devices were recovered intact. They already have DNA samples. There will be more painstaking Forensic work down in the tunnels. The Met Police are the worlds most experienced Urban terror police force. It was they who painstakingly re-assembled every fragment of the Pan Am plane which exploded over Lockerbie. They found the detonating device, they found the detonator, they traced them both back to the source.

My point? Be afraid. Be very afraid. We will hunt you down if it takes a lifetime and we will bring you to justice or we will shoot you down like the mad dogs that you are.
[/quote]

Wow - incredible. Like most everyone on the boards here our prayers and thoughts are with you and your countrymen. My hope is that the world really wakes up to what is happening, and that the London bombings are the last straw!

[quote=Cockney Clive]London was a war zone yesterday. The carnage was/is indescribable and yet the hand of God, the loving Grace of God was everywhere. 13 dead on the bus but 47 not dead, including the driver. How could God not be there when you consider that the bomb exploded directly behind his position? The bus was exactly passing the HQ of the British Medical Association, the governing body for doctors in UK. Guaranteed to have a few dozen docs in there any day of the working week. They were able to do much good before the paramedics got to the wounded.

[/quote]

I know London is a huge city & that you may have never been in danger. However, we all thank God that you are O.K.

My family have been praying for the people of London. This is our wake up call. We must fight for our religous background. Christianity built the West. If we don’t fight we will lose. I am not talking about using guns but by using the knowledge of our Faith and fufilling the Great Commission. Go Therefore and make disciples of the world.

God bless and keep the land of Great Britain. We will continue to pray especially for the city of London.

C

[quote=Gottle of Geer]This sort of reaction is ridiculous - if this country survive atrocities committed by the scum from the IRA, it can survive atrocities committed by their Muslim fellow-scum.
[/quote]

I disagree with you. Al-Qa’ida have as much to do with Islam as the IRA have to do with Christianity. No one thinks that all Christinas are “fellow scum” with the IRA, so please do not call all Muslims “fellow scum” with al Qa’ida. This is the kind of attitude that al-Qa’ida is trying to foster. Seeing the “other side” as less than human makes it that much easier to kill them. Do not fall into that trap. Killing is wrong, no matter what religion is used to try to justify the killing.

rossum

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.