End Times Speculation XXIII (ver. 2.0)

Oh I see now. Thanks Governator.
After shopping around I am wondering if I can make a scapular like that for my home.
I think we are due for a chastisement and that prayer and protection is a blessing.
My home icon is Our Lady of Vladimir.

Unfortunately, Gov is suspended until Oct. 8.

He gives power to the faint,
abundant strength to the weak. Isaiah 40:29

HTLV-1 is an ancient virus that is showing up all over the world. A recent increase was detected in Australia. Besides neurological damage it is a gateway to cancer. It is dubbed the cousin of HIV because of similar genetic material.

Scientists rely on virus sample sharing to assess risk and produce potent vaccines. The US trade war with China now extends to withholding virus samples. China is currently withholding samples of an evolving highly pathogenic strain of influenza.

T.S. Eliot famously wrote that the world would end with a whimper rather than a bang, but a cough might be the likelier scenario.

Hi Donkey, I bought the wool felt needed to make this. I believe I found the requirements online

Yes, I found beautiful thick wool, embroidery floss and trim in the correct colors. I will use the wonders of my computer and printer to make the images. This labor of love is more meaningful than simply buying a ready made scapular although some look very nice. Mine will be larger and strictly for my home.

I wanted to share a beautiful Icon I just saw in a Russian church

We should “occupy till He comes(again)” and not
be dropping everything and going around like head-
less chickens like every non-believer at the signs and
wonders happening in the world and heavens. We
are cautioned to “not be weighed down” w/ the things
of this world(Lk. 21:34)

When Jesus said 'you do not know the day or the hour ’ that was a reference which his hearers would have associated with ’ the Day of Trumpets '.
The Day of Trumpets ws known as " the feast that no man knows the day or hour of " or
" the Hidden Feast " By 'day and hour ’ it may follow the 29th or 30h , depending on whether the moon is sighted on the 29th or not. By ’ Day and Hour ’ Jesus was inferring ’ The Day of Trumpets ’ The year is all important and the Bible does not indicate which year.
The Abomination of Desolation starts the Great Tribulation when Jesus warns his followers to 'flee to the mountains, and to not return home to take their cloak or anything else ’
In Malachi 4:5 says " Behold I wll send you Elijah before the great and dreadful Day of the Lord " In the gospels Jesus referred to John the Baptist as Elijah. Is it possible, in our times that the Elijah that God sends is His Mother to warn and prepare us ? Just a few random speculations …

No, I think Elijah will return. Remember, in 2 Kings 2 Elijah was “translated”, i.e., was taken to heaven by a fiery chariot. Elijah did not die, but was taken up to heaven. So he would not need a new physical body to return to earth.

Yes that’s true. But then she did appear to call down fire from heaven at Fatima .

Yes Elijah and Enoch, the two witnesses in Revelation.

I thought it was Moses and Elijah.

The NABRE suggests that the two probably represent the Universal Church especially the martyrs. http://www.usccb.org/bible/revelation/11

Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff and I was told, “Come and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count those who are worshiping in it. Revelations 11:1

This is passage is very meaningful these days as the Faithful persevere.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/leadership-means-making-oneself-dispensable-opinion/story?id=58193412

No, Moses and Elijah appeared with Jesus on the mountain during the Transfiguration.

The two witnesses are - -The Law and the Prophets ?

Who better to convince the Jews to convert?

Well. it seems to be Church teaching that the two witnesses are , in fact, Enoch and Elijah.
Who am I to disagree with the Church Fathers ?

Thanks for that reminder that in the end, we win.
Have you heard about the possible schism looming in the Orthodox Community ?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.