End Times Speculation XXIII (ver. 2.0)

Watching now. Frigid cold here. Such a beautiful sight.
30 more minutes before it turns red

Stunning blood red moon in January. :full_moon_with_face:

I started a new thread over in Evangelization. I like to get some input on it, and LMK if you’d be interested in joining me in Washington DC:

Prayer, fasting and almsgiving
These are not intended to hasten end times but rather aid us and others along the way.
It would be good to discuss the qualities Jesus asks of us as the Kingdom of God is already near.
Alertness, preparedness and a sense of waiting come to mind.
Any other qualities?

Well. Apparently someone was offended by my post and my post and its thread has been removed. I’m going to try to find out just what was so un-Catholic about it as to be offensive.

Turns out the message was removed because it made the assumption that all people in the Capitol building were opposed to G_D, when there were undoubtedly faithful Catholics working in there who shouldn’t be lumped together with the infidels/pagans. To which I have to (grudgingly) agree.

Maybe we should focus out attention on the New York State Capitol building, what with the new abortion law and everything. And include prayers, both at the Mass that morning and immediately before the march, that if G_D plans to do anything damaging or destructive, that He preserve the lives of His faithful servants who might otherwise experience harm.

These are particularly challenging times. It is easy to get swept in by negative emotions.
Focus on the qualities Christ tells us to have at End Times.
I see now more than ever the value of praying the Rosary everyday.
This beautiful prayer is a daily Intravenous drip for the soul…a breadth of life.
Our Blessed Mother asks us to pray this everyday.
Thankfully receive Our Lord in Holy Communion.
Keep holy your Sunday.

My former Baptist minister said he would even attempt to teach Revelation - too many camps of belief: pre trib, mid trib, post trib. It wasn’t until I cane into the Catholic Church that Revelation finally made sense (Jeff Cavins and other teachings).

In India, there are over a billion registered users of a biometric identification system.
Take a look.
Biometric identification systems span the globe.

The evil isn’t so much physical nature as much as spiritual. A mindset that humans have solutions rather than Christ being The Way is what lures people to death.

I have heard that people wrongly attributed the last Pope Peter the Roman to be an evil Pope when in fact he’ll be an Uber Orthodox Pope.

I’m not sure how many Popes until the last one but I wanted to throw that out there.

I remember some tradition dealing with the available open spots for popes names as they are listed in the Vatican. Without rearrangement there’s only room for a couple more. That may be urban legend of some sort.

I had heard that the last pope would be Peter II, and would be traditional.

I have heard of a pious legend that the last Pope will be St Peter ruling from heaven.

It is Satan’s policy to split us up and divide us, to dislodge us gradually from our rock of strength. And if there is to be a persecution, perhaps it will be then; then, perhaps, when we are all of us in all parts of Christendom so divided, and so reduced, so full of schism, so close upon heresy… then Antichrist will burst upon us in fury as far as God allows him… and Antichrist appear as a persecutor, and the barbarous nations around break in.

—Blessed John Henry Newman, Sermon IV: The Persecution of Antichrist

Hmmm… The head of the Jesuit order is commonly called “The Black Pope”.

Well thank goodness the Vatican has Walls…

The Pope traditionally wears white, even after Labor Day. The head of the Jesuits controls thousands of priests and religious throughout the world and is perceived as having power that rivals the Pope. The Jesuits don’t wear brown robes or anything like that, they wear black. Ergo, the head of the Jesuits has been nicknamed “The Black Pope.” Not really an issue, even 15 years ago; but lately it seems that the Jesuits, who made their reputation reclaiming and reconverting lands that had fallen to Protestantism; who have been bastions of orthodoxy, lately seem to be … not … quite … so orthodox.

I know I liked the Jesuits when they were more orthodox and combatted the heresy of Protestantism.

Is there some kind of censorship being applied to this thread? I don’t see my recent posts.

Except John Hardon SJ; and Luis Ladaria Ferrer, SJ, the Prefect of the CDF. Oh, and the only jesuit I know personally, a parish priest who celebratted the most traditional OF mass I’ve seen. And Pope Francis, obviously.

And numerous other Jesuits, I think.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.