End Times Speculation XXIII (ver. 2.0)

:pensive:

Our true purpose in life has everything to do with end time speculation.

I watched this TED talk on reclaiming deserts and I was suddenly struck by one of the end-time texts, Isaiah, talk about blooming deserts,

The wilderness and the parched land will exult;
the Arabah will rejoice and bloom;
Like the crocus it shall bloom abundantly,
and rejoice with joyful song.
The glory of Lebanon will be given to it,
the splendor of Carmel and Sharon;
They will see the glory of the LORD,
the splendor of our God.
(Isaiah 35:1-2)

2 Likes

Interesting blog entry, this:

Years That End In “9” Tend To Be Times Of Great Upheaval

I have to admit I’m sort of laughing at the news source; TMIN :sweat_smile::joy:

But it’s all very captivating! :star_struck: especially for a mudgie.

1 Like

This may be of some interest to some people. The burning of the Red Heifer is a Biblical requirement (a mitzvah) in the ritual purification of Jews. The ashes from the last red heifer ran out around 400 AD. This may not have any bearing on Catholic eschatology; but as the Jews are our elder brothers we should keep apprised of developments in this area:

Exclusive: Burning of Red Heifer Takes Place in Preparation for Third Temple

This was an experiment to figure out the exact steps that will need to be performed in burning the red heifer. A sick heifer slated for destruction was used as a stand-in, and the amounts of wood needed were measured, then burned. In short, enough ash was generated to provide ritual cleansing for 660 billion sprinklings.

Bummer, dude.

3 Likes

Get yer house in order or, keep doin’ whatcha been doin’. :+1:

2 Likes

I think if we strap enough Roman Candles to Bruce Willis we can send him in space to save the world.

2 Likes

“Mary must be terrible to the devil and his crew, as an army ranged in battle, principally in these latter times, because the devil, knowing that he has but little time, and now less than ever, to destroy souls, will every day redouble his efforts and his combats. He will presently raise up cruel persecutions and will put terrible snares before the faithful servants and true children of Mary, whom it give him more trouble to conquer than it does to conquer others.”

-St. Louis De Montfort, True Devotion to Mary

2 Likes

To some … they more or less coincide … so that should not be a stumbling factor…

We shan’t know the day or hour… Yet those who remain observant shall see e.,g Signs…

We have Signs, Given, to us - by Jesus - which must be fulfilled - and which serve as both a Confirmation of the always moving-closer Encroaching Day… and well as A Warning to those who are befuddled with the e.g., Prophesied Growing Problems - including, even their own potential Loss of Faith!

There’s a Confluence / Convergence of Signs - which in turn should serve to alert those who do look Forward to the Day of our Lord’s Return - as existed as HOPE in the minds and hearts of all Christians who dwelled in the 1st Century AD…

It behooves all to become familiar with especially the NT - especially the Prophecies Awaited - which must be fulfilled.

Additionally, there are a Legion of Events unfurling which are not readily realized as having call it easily evident Christian/Catholic notations.

Realize too, that not just a few non-Christian religious Jews sense an imminence…

Even though I’ve not addressed any specifics, per se, we truly interested (including current observers) should strive to expand upon our Lord Jesus’ Return - via expounding upon what we actually Know wrt Teachings, Events, and other Evidences.

Keep your Faith in JESUS

_

Interesting news here:

Israel Gets Ready to Fight a Multifront War

Everything in this article, listing the possible fronts as well as the participants, lines up with the prophesied War of Psalm 83.

Now, mind you, I’ve been researching and keeping an eye out for this war for the past 10 years. But that’s one thing I like about being a pessimist: Sooner or later, you’re right,

Great so we’re all going to die right?

download%20(1)

1 Like

Well, YOU are … :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Just wait until you drink today’s coffee.

This asteroid stuff is really something but I have a good hunch that if any significant impact was suddenly imminent, the general public would not know. Scientists and star gazing enthusiasts might know. Surprise asteroids happen and are a continuous threat to earth.

1 Like

YES… And he’s not the only Cardinal and/or Observer who has brought attention to that Sign (among some other necessary and Prophesied Signs as well.

ON this Note - Not just a few Israeli and other Jews have been very strongly speaking of their version of an imminence of their promised Messiah…

Which yes - varies in manners from e.g., most Christian beliefs on the Return of Messiah Jesus. .

All of Which in turn - adds additional interest to the overall discussion of the Signs of The Times…

_

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.