End Times Speculation XXIII (ver. 2.0)

That is quite an article, full of amazing detailed information. I printed it out, TY.

My comment would be that O’Regan fails to make the connection between the miraculous Image on the Shroud of Turin and the Sign of Jonah of Matt 12:39-41.
To be fair, no other scholars that I am aware of make this connection.
Kowalsky even states that the Sign of Jonah in Matthew’s Gospel will “remain an enigma.” (pg. 19):
http://bazhum.muzhp.pl/media/files/Studia_Koszalinsko_Kolobrzeskie/Studia_Koszalinsko_Kolobrzeskie-r2015-t22/Studia_Koszalinsko_Kolobrzeskie-r2015-t22-s35-54/Studia_Koszalinsko_Kolobrzeskie-r2015-t22-s35-54.pdf

The Sign of Jonah in Matthew must meet the following criteria:

1. It must be a distinctive sign or miracle which undeniably confirms that Rabbi Yehoshua is the Jewish Messiah. That is what His contemporaries were asking for when they demanded a “sign” from Him.
  2. Rabbi Yehoshua mentioned “a” generation, therefore not specifying either first or twentieth century, but promising that His sign would be available to the whole world at some point.
  3. The sign will be closely associated with His death and burial. Resurrection is not mentioned in Matt 12:39-41.

The miracle of the Rabbi’s death and burial is, of course, the vanishing of His corpse from the inside of a sealed tomb. I find it instructive that this vanishing is definitively described also in Matthew’s Gospel. But only a few were able to witness the Angel role away the stone and then immediately inspect the inside of the tomb. Something further is needed to make that miracle available to a “generation.” In my opinion, that “something” is our Lord’s bloody burial cloth, the miraculous image of His corpse that it bears, and its carbon fourteen enhancement which proves that a neutron radiation event took place. This “sign” is available to the whole world, alas for the skeptics…

My biggest problem with this quote is that Blessed Anna-Maria Taigi lived from 1769 until 1837. “The Pill” wasn’t available until around 1960. So how did she say …no more “career women” addicted to the “pill”?

I’m not saying it’s impossible. It might be one of those things that confirms the veracity of the text, much like the Israelite priests in captivity were able to show Cyrus how the prophet Jeremiah named him as the one who would free the Israelites about 200 years before Cyrus was born. Still, I’d like to go back a few years, say, 100, and see if the text changed over time.

1 Like

Something came to me recently, it has been more than 40 Jubilees since the Incarnation of Christ JESUS. At 10, was the destruction of Rome.
At 20, was the great Schism. At 30, was immense division of The Church, mostly because of a class warfare or ‘social justice’ response to the abuses with Protestantism.
We are definitely at a crux in history.
~
We must understand that Biblical prophesy repeats. For example, Dr. Scott Hahn speaks of GOD allowing the destruction of Jerusalem as a ‘mini’ Apocalypse. (The Messiah and this prophesied by Daniel, over 500 years(10 Jubilees) before it happened. I learned from Fr. Pacwa on EWTN, he world is in a similar state, taken as a whole, as The Roman Empire which claimed Pax Romana - Roman Peace. They claimed this because there was no major war. With WWI, WWII, the bloody proxy wars Cold War conflicts have ended. However, the propaganda war heated up after the end of the cold war. Radical secularism with its exalting humanism, and/or naturalism, and/or indifferentism(all religions are the same) - have in a huge way exalting many things, such as a form of Godliness denying the Power of God to form sincere Godliness along side emotional justification of pleasure seeking over love of GOD and GOD’s Ways.
~
I don’t know if we The Remnant of God; (who joyfully by Grace in self giving in Jesus Beloved Christ Redeemer - whose main purpose is to testify the true Mercy He has for repentance); will live to see The Triumph of The Church, as members of the Pilgrim Church on earth; but the tears JESUS shares with us in thirsting for souls will not be in vain. GOD is on His Thrown Leading us, The Joy of The Lord is our strength.
~
(The Lord Jesus is always Coming, revivals, many times are at times of strong delusion - whereby humanity deludes itself in Providence.) One Day, He Will Come with all His Angels, as we wait in joyful hope.
_
“Therefore God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false, so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God chose you from the beginning to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter.
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.” - 2 Thessalonians 2:11-17

I wanted to say that maybe it will include some internal turning away from the guidance of the Holy Spirit in the Vatican, however then I’ve found that St. Hildegarda in her prophecy about the Antichrist said:

When the great ruler exterminates the Turks almost entirely, one of the remaining Mohammadans will be converted, become a priest bishop and cardinal, and when the new pope is elected (immediately before Antichrist [appears]) this cardinal will kill the pope before he is crowned, through jealousy, wishing to be pope himself; then when the other cardinals elect the next pope this cardinal will proclaim himself Anti-pope, and two-thirds of the Christians will go with him. He, as well as Anti-Christ, are descendants of the tribe of Dan.

1 Like

Through a flaw or defect in the process of the election. Two examples:

1. If, in fact, there was/is a St. Gellen Cabal (a group of cardinal electors who met at the St. Gellen ski resort to plan how to influence the papal election) and if they did in fact conspire ahead of time to elect Pope Francis, they violated the law concerning the election of the Pope, invalidating the election. Note that Francis did not have to be a participant or have knowledge of this conspiracy for it to invalidate his election.

2. If just before the next papal election, there is civil unrest in Rome to the extent that a quorum of cardinals cannot enter Vatican City before the end of the 20th day after the death of the old Pope, a valid papal election CANNOT be held. If one is held anyway, the winner becomes a Pope who is not canonically elected.

…sustained backlash

1 Like

Sounds like potential AntiChrist …

Thing is… We know there shall never be a permanent man-made Peace …

1 Like

The prophecy of Popes has pretty much been shown to be false. Every pope preceding its publication has a very specific indicator, every pope following is incredibly generic, and it’s taken quite a bit of stretching to align the popes with their supposed symbolic representation. While this alone doesn’t disprove it, the stark contrast between the two sides is strong evidence that it is not genuine.

All that being said, the way the world is going I have no difficult believing that we’re approaching the end. I don’t actually think we are, but it also wouldn’t surprise me.

3 Likes

No. Because it’s clearly indicated that everyone shall recognize Him.

_

2 Likes

He - JESUS - shall return in time - so as to Prevent the obliteration of all living things…

1. So when you see “the abomination of desolation”, of which the prophet Daniel spoke, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), 16then those who are in Judaea must take to the hills. 17If a man is on the roof, he must not come down to fetch his goods from the house; 18if in the field, he must not turn back for his coat. 19Alas for women with child in those days, and for those who have children at the breast! 20Pray that it may not be winter when you have to make your escape, or Sabbath. 21 [ Dn.12.1, Jl.2.2. ] It will be a time of great distress; there has never been such a time from the beginning of the world until now, and will never be again. 22If that time of troubles were not cut short, no living thing could survive; but for the sake of God’s chosen it will be cut short.

2. 23’Then, if anyone says to you, “Look, here is the Messiah”, or, “There he is”, do not believe it. 24Imposters will come claiming to be messiahs or prophets, and they will produce great signs and wonders to mislead even God’s chosen, if such a thing were possible. 25See, I have forewarned you. 26If they tell you, “He is there in the wilderness”, do not go out; or if they say, “He is there in the inner room”, do not believe it. 27Like lightning from the east, flashing as far as the west, will be the coming of the Son of Man.

@EndTimes is right. Besides: “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven. [Acts 1:11]

Will you suddenly become Malaysian after Resurrection, if your entire life you were Hungarian?
Why Jesus suddenly would start to be Chinese? He is still the same!

1 Like

Why would anyone flag a post that is historically informative? I’d really like to know. Is someone here afraid of the truth?

What has this reply got to do with Gen 8:21?

It ought to be well known that Fr. Arnold Wion was the true author and that He used the attribution to St. Malachy as a means of avoiding being called up by the Roman Inquisition. Of course the first 74 predictions were made after the fact, but that alone does not invalid the remaining 39.

Are you asking why I flagged your post? If so, I didn’t. If someone flagged my post, well, not the first time someone flagged me because they disagreed with me. If someone flagged one of your other posts, it may be because you’re presenting as fact something that has been strongly shown to be false. I generally disagree with flagging for that reason, but that’d also be my best guess.

Or, it could just be that someone is acting like a petulant child and flagging thing they don’t like. That’s a pretty common occurrence with troll members.

No it doesn’t, and I indicated as much, but the stark shift in specificity, and the amount of stretching it take to make many of them work, is a strong indicator that they are not genuine prophecy. Again, not saying they’re absolutely not, but I personally highly doubt it.

Thanks for your reply. As I tried to say in a lost post, we have known since at least 1880 that St. Malachy did not author the 113 predictions of the Prophecy of the Popes.* The attribution to St. Malachy appears to have been a ruse employed by Fr. Arnold Wion in order to avoid being called up before the Roman Inquisition. So, in my opinion, I do not think that it is correct to invalidate the 39 predictions that were not made after the fact. They can and must stand or fall on their own merits.

As for those merits I think it must first be understood that many of the more generalized predictions (such as “Pastor angelicus”) are simply what could be called “filler” between those that have a more profound meaning. A way to test such a list of predictions is to select one that seems that it would have been unlikely to be fulfilled and then see if it actually was. In this regard we have the prediction for Pope Pius VII of Aquliia rapax. A “Rapacious eagle” is not what one would expect of a Pope of the Catholic Church, so we must ask if Pius VII had any connection to this prediction.

In 1804 Pius VII traveled to Paris where on December 2nd he presided over the coronation of Napoleon at the Cathedral of Notre-Dame and blessed him. Three day later, on Dec 5th, Napoleon distributed his Eagle Standards to his regiments which then preceded to ravage all of Europe under these standards. Pius VII always referred to Napoleon as “my dear son.”

Another dramatic prediction is Religio depopulata, and Pope St. Pius X has been reported to have referred to it when he himself predicted the disaster of WW I. The period 1914 to 1921 is the one period in history where both the Catholic Church and the Orthodox Churches experienced a severe loss of membership.

*AN HISTORICAL AND CRITICAL ACCOUNT OF THE SO-CALLED PROPHECY OF ST. MALACHY,
O’Brien, 1880

Like I said, I don’t discount the potential for it to be accurate, I just find the presence of so many tenuous links to be telling.

The Napoleon link seems a little underwhelming to me, as the Eagle is a very common military standard. The Religio Depopulata link is a bit more on the nose, but still a stretch because it is hardly the only period in history that saw a decline in religiosity.

If you want to accept it that is your business. Who knows, you may be right, it may be right, and this might be the end. As I said before, I wouldn’t be surprised. I just personally do not find it compelling.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.