Energy Independence and the Warfighter

Dr. Heather Willauer and her team at the Naval Research Laboratory recently announced technology they developed that converts seawater to a liquid hydrocarbon fuel.

In a proof of concept test using the molecularly restructured seawater, they successfully flew a radio-controlled aircraft with an unmodified internal combustion engine.

Although this technology may not be commercially viable for 10 years or more, I want you to understand why having alternative sources of energy is really important to your Navy. As a global force, we deliver 1.25 billion gallons of fuel worldwide to operators annually. Operationally, this is an Achilles’ heel.

navylive.dodlive.mil/2014/04/07/energy-independence-and-the-warfighter/

well, this lady wont be around too much longer…the powers that be would NEVER allow the public to have such technology, this would crush too many big industries…they cant let that happen!

I like you. You get things just as they should be understood.

There is no reason for us to use any fossil fuel at this time, and there has not been for decades. Hydrogen engines have long been possible, but boy that would blow apart the oil industry. And there is no reason that we can’t make affordable use of the wind and sun. When the electrical companies and oil mongers figure out how to get their profit from it this will happen, and not before.

I firmly believe that most private homes could be “stand-alone units” dependent on sun and wind. It is in fact being done, but oh my, we could get in trouble for cheating the big shots out of their fortunes if we do that. All we need is a bunch of REAL engineers and mechanics out there to start converting homes and watch out.

You have to make hydrogen before you can use it, and the law of entropy ensures that more energy is needed to make it than you get from it.

So what **larger **source of energy will you tap to make the hydrogen to run the world?

Why not use that source to begin with?

Sunlight and wind are great, but the sun doesn’t always shine and the wind doesn’t always blow and big batteries are very expensive.

ICXC NIKA

The trick to making this fuel is to use less energy to create the fuel than the amount of fuel you make.

And you need an alternate universe to make that happen.

ICXC NIKA

Well aircraft carriers and most modern warships have nuclear reactors …

I’m no fan of nuclear power plants, but I suspect that’s how the navy is getting the hydrogen from seawater.

rex

What was shared about the process,

Using an innovative and proprietary NRL electrolytic cation exchange module (E-CEM), both dissolved and bound CO2 are removed from seawater at 92 percent efficiency by re-equilibrating carbonate and bicarbonate to CO2 and simultaneously producing H2. The gases are then converted to liquid hydrocarbons by a metal catalyst in a reactor system.

nrl.navy.mil/media/news-releases/2014/scale-model-wwii-craft-takes-flight-with-fuel-from-the-sea-concept#sthash.39CxOxFd.dpuf

The problem is if anyone comes up with something like this, the Govt (probably in collusion with large corporate interests) rush out to put a stop to it in any way they can, so new technology never gets to the masses, there is ways around that, but would take alot on the part of the creator.I think the internet could be used for this purpose.

Imagine if someone created a alternate fuel source that anyone could make in their garage from combining a few different things, and it powered our vehicles…next, imagine this person puts this info out on the internet so everyone gets to see it…then watch as NO ONE is buying from gas stations anymore…this is the way new technology needs to be introduced, Govt simply could not stop it.

I think its funny, we live in such a high tech world, where technology gets better or changes all the time, and people know this, yet when it comes to cars, energy, we are still using ancient methods, and people tend to just accept this…? I dont understand this?

I cant believe there are not millions of people out there asking why the internal combustion car engine is still the norm?

I have read more than a few things regarding electromagnetics and how this could be easily used to power a vehicle and if properly created, no fuel source would ever be needed, as it would use the power coming from the planet itself.

‘fuel’ in general is NOT the answer, but the powers that be keep trying to come up something that people MUST purchase, this is the only thing they are concerned with.

Electro-magnetism or room temp superconductors could be utilized to power a vehicle, and NO fuel would be needed, but they would never allow a FREE USE type vehicle.

Uh, no. Something is still needed to generate the electricity. And what about sea and air transportation?

As long as nuclear engines are not practical or safe, liquid fuels are still the best option for making things move.

ICXC NIKA

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.